Light Modified Choke....

patterson0108

I'm looking into getting an aftermarket choke for my SBE II. I have been looking at the Briley chokes. Just looking to get a few opinions on the Light Modified as an overall choke. I usually shoot in sporting clay events and do a little over decoy duck hunting. Just wondering if this would be a choke that I could use for both.

I'm looking into getting an aftermarket choke for my SBE II. I have been looking at the Briley chokes. Just looking to get a few opinions on the Light Modified as an overall choke. I usually shoot in sporting clay events and do a little over decoy duck hunting. Just wondering if this would be a choke that I could use for both.

I am guessing you mean trap? If so this link might help you decide:

http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19203

I think that tighter is better so I would go with a improved modified or just a modified.

I shoot the Brilley extended Light Modified for Quail/Pheasant and Dove. It is probably the only choke I'll put in my Montefeltro anymore. Sorry, don't trap or skeet... much.

Light modified is a bit tight for skeet, but for a lot of sporting clays presentations it is quite good. For skeet, most folks use skeet or improved cylinder. Remember that steel shot will group tighter than lead will.

I tend to use light modified when I shoot 5-stand. It's a bit of a comprimise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...