Wolf tag

sdkidaho

It wasn't hard to get - they are selling the over the counter to everyone.

There are only 215 (or something like that) wolves that they will allow to be harvested, so they will undoubtedly sell a ton more tags than what will be allowed to be taken, but that's ok - I don't mind giving money to our F&G.

There are only 215 (or something like that) wolves that they will allow to be harvested, so they will undoubtedly sell a ton more tags than what will be allowed to be taken, but that's ok - I don't mind giving money to our F&G.

That's going to be one heck of a hunt. A wolf must be able to wind you so easily. I haven't looked into wolf hunting tactics, is it similar to coyote hunting?

Would you have the wolf mounted if you kill one? That's something you don't get to see everyday. Love to have one in my rec. room.. Good luck with the hunt!!

No baiting, no trapping. Basically it's if you see one you can shoot it if that area is still open. No electronic calls, but I'm not sure they would respond to a call like what you would bring in a coyote with.

As for stuffing it - not sure if I would do that or if I would just have the hide tanned. I'll have to SEE one first before I worry about any of that.

No baiting, no trapping. Basically it's if you see one you can shoot it if that area is still open. No electronic calls, but I'm not sure they would respond to a call like what you would bring in a coyote with.

As for stuffing it - not sure if I would do that or if I would just have the hide tanned. I'll have to SEE one first before I worry about any of that.

Have you ever seen one in the wild in your area? Are they really abundant or are the numbers just getting into an amount that management is needed?

I've seen one, and it was no where near where I live. As far as how abundant they are, they planned to have a sustainable population at 520 wolves, we easily have double that. I know you can find them, it just depends on where you go.

It's not like seeing coyotes (fortunately) but there are enough of them that they need to be managed now.

I've seen one, and it was no where near where I live. As far as how abundant they are, they planned to have a sustainable population at 520 wolves, we easily have double that. I know you can find them, it just depends on where you go.

It's not like seeing coyotes (fortunately) but there are enough of them that they need to be managed now.

Very COOL. Hope to see you post a pic of you and the big bad wolf. Best of luck and be safe! :D

Since the WDNR reintroduced the wolf to Wisconsin they seemed to have taken off rather well, and in the northern parts of the state they can be a seen from time to time. In the last 2 years the hunters in our deer camp have seen 6 of them, and this is just one small area. This is one big animal.

They hear the dinner bell when gun shots go off, just like the coyote's....gut pile time.

Geeeee... I just got my Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt and I think it is great to wear to attrack wolves (and eagles). Check out the other customer reviews before you wear one hunting:

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Mens-Three-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A

I wonder , how does wolf taste? Let us know if you BBQ it.

NSFW video here >>>http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/af0f3d657d/grill-that-wolf

Edited by Mr Slugo
as hoc

Since the WDNR reintroduced the wolf to Wisconsin they seemed to have taken off rather well, and in the northern parts of the state they can be a seen from time to time. In the last 2 years the hunters in our deer camp have seen 6 of them, and this is just one small area. This is one big animal.

They hear the dinner bell when gun shots go off, just like the coyote's....gut pile time.

There has been a sighting of a wolf at the top of Illinois. Its a little crazy to me.

Geeeee... I just got my Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt and I think it is great to wear to attrack wolves (and eagles). Check out the other customer reviews before you wear one hunting:

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-Mens-Three-Short-Sleeve/dp/B002HJ377A

I wonder , how does wolf taste? Let us know if you BBQ it.

NSFW video here >>>http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/af0f3d657d/grill-that-wolf

I've heard that it's not as gamey as bald eagle, and not near as fishey as whooping crane. I think maybe more like blue heron. ;)