barrel questions, and a deal to make?

buckyu

I am looking at buying an R1, I fell in love when i placed to my shoulder. It feels very similar to my first love, a 20 guage montefeltro. I have found an awesome deal on a couple of brand new guns at a local place in alabama. A 300wsm in comfortech and two wood versions one in 300wsm the other a 270 wsm. The thing is I don't want these calibers. I hunt whitetail and dream of hunting elk. I wish benelli made a 270win. But a 30 06 or a 308 will suit me fine.

The barrel question is; from my understanding if you can find a barrel. the wsm versions only go with other wsm versions? so if I bought a 300win mag, 308, or a 30 06, I could switch out the barrels for these 3 calibers. Am I right?Please correct me if I am wrong.

If any one wants a 300wsm or 270wsm and would like to purchace a new one at a better cost we could work a a deal if you could purchase a new gun in any of the calibers i have listed above. Perferably a 30 06 in comfortech. email me for details.

On a seperate note has anyone detached a scope from the barrel and if so do you have to rezero? Or is it still good to 100yds. I am not talking .5 groups 2.5-3" will suit my needs.

I don't fully understand if your looking for the R1 in those calibers or if you are selling them (email)? Go to this link to see the calibers offered: http://www.benelliusa.com/rifles/benelli_r1_rifle.php

As far as zeroing the scopes after taking it apart you should look in this section's threads especially "What have U shot with your R-1 ?"at http://www.benelliusa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11936&page=17 because Steve (stid2677) talks about this and says that with his setup it keeps its zero.

Edited by tyson129

tyson thanks for your answer, let me try and clear up my post.

1. which barrels can i buy (if availabe) if I bought a wsm version such as 300wsm.

2.which barrels can i buy (if availabe) if I bought a 300 win, 308, or 30.06

It is my understanding that not all barrels interchangable. please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't have a gun for sale but can aquire a 300wsm in cofortech for 800 possibly lower brand new in the box with all paperwork, shims and picatinny rail. They also have a 270wsm and a 300wsm in wood.

If someone is in the market for this gun, I am in the market for a 30.06, 308 or maybe a 300 win if barrel compatibility exist to change a between these.

I hope, No I dream to find a r1 in 30.06 comfortech at a similar price. You might can or come close enough.

Not much use for a 300wsm here in alabama (thats my veiw anyway) but some dealer in alaska may have a 308 or 30.06 he cant get rid of. Please find that gun and lets work a trade.

tyson thanks for your answer, let me try and clear up my post.

1. which barrels can i buy (if availabe) if I bought a wsm version such as 300wsm.

2.which barrels can i buy (if availabe) if I bought a 300 win, 308, or 30.06

It is my understanding that not all barrels interchangable. please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't have a gun for sale but can aquire a 300wsm in cofortech for 800 possibly lower brand new in the box with all paperwork, shims and picatinny rail. They also have a 270wsm and a 300wsm in wood.

If someone is in the market for this gun, I am in the market for a 30.06, 308 or maybe a 300 win if barrel compatibility exist to change a between these.

I hope, No I dream to find a r1 in 30.06 comfortech at a similar price. You might can or come close enough.

Not much use for a 300wsm here in alabama (thats my veiw anyway) but some dealer in alaska may have a 308 or 30.06 he cant get rid of. Please find that gun and lets work a trade.

From what I have read the barrels are interchangeable so that the shooter can change calibers. The barrels are crazy expensive just like everything Benelli (Around $700!) I will look around for a 308. 30-06 for you since you can get the 300. They should have them up here in Maine because those are very popular calibers and I would love a 300 wsm, let me just check on the prices for you. Talk soon

thanks, tyson. I have the 300wsm held for a couple of weeks. i would like to see the right person get the gun at that price. a comfortech 3006 or 308 would cost me $1100 to $1250 here. hope we can trade somehow.

Waiting on a quote right now in 308 for you. I will see how that quote sounds and let you know. If its in a good range I will have them look for the 30-06 for you. Figured let them find one at a time and really do their research.

I would prefer the 30 06 but would make a deal with the 308. Price out the door for the 300 wsm is $830. I hope you get the same price on one of those guns. we could make a deal! shipping and insurance is under 30 bucks. Working out the logistics might be a pain. My local gun dealer says he will help but they must register and pay fees if the ship to another dealer. we can work it out cheaper.

I would prefer the 30 06 but would make a deal with the 308. Price out the door for the 300 wsm is $830. I hope you get the same price on one of those guns. we could make a deal! shipping and insurance is under 30 bucks. Working out the logistics might be a pain. My local gun dealer says he will help but they must register and pay fees if the ship to another dealer. we can work it out cheaper.

Yeah I am trying to get the 30-06 for you as well, still no response on the 308 which is very strange. As far as sending to dealers - That I don' want to do. If I can find one at that price I will pm you and we will work out the details.