vinci chokes same as nova?

yenrec

i just bought a vinci and i have read some threads saying you should use an improved cylinder to shoot slugs through the nova. i noticed the FAQs says to use a cylinder choke, and when i did today my grouping was off by about a foot. My buddy uses the IC in his remington, i was to scared to try and shoot a slug through an IC if noone has tried it, cant bring myself to possibly break my new gun without some input.. Thanks in advance guys

i just bought a vinci and i have read some threads saying you should use an improved cylinder to shoot slugs through the nova. i noticed the FAQs says to use a cylinder choke, and when i did today my grouping was off by about a foot. My buddy uses the IC in his remington, i was to scared to try and shoot a slug through an IC if noone has tried it, cant bring myself to possibly break my new gun without some input.. Thanks in advance guys

They are different chokes. You can use IC chokes for slugs though.

ok thanks, i really didnt mean the same chokes, just concept more or less, if its ok to use a IC in a super nova if its ok to use a IC in the vinci

Yeah an IC is fine. But why were you off my a foot? How far were you shooting? An IC will not get you 10 to 11 inch tighter groups. Maybe you are still getting use to your gun....Shoulder that bad boy nice and tight, keep you eye on the prize, and squeeze nice and smooth (no flinching:p).

A little tip for you is to take a deep breath, and than breath it 1/2 way out, hold it than shoot.

Good Luck!:D

tyson, i tried the cylinder choke first since thats what benelli recommended, i was scared to try tighter with such an expensive new gun, when i aimed at the middle of the board the first shot was about 6 in high, 3 in left, and second shot was 6 in low and 2 in right. I figure it must have had room to wiggle, i tried again with the IC and it was a little better but off. Today i tried again and it seemed dead nuts at 35, then back at 50 it was still on. So i found out with my gun i have to basically block out my front pin with the mid pin for it to shoot right. when i bird shoot i usually shoot instinctivly and have about an 80% hit percentage so i guess my habits were not good, bc i dont think i was looking down my barrel low enough, like i could see the slope of my vent rib still. So basically if i see the very back and the tiny bit of red around my mid bead it is deadly with my IC choke.