Which?

slugmeister

I cant decide on which barrel to get, they are all so good. I hunt at close range, 100 yards being a long shot.

1 24" rifled slug barrel w/ scope mount

. I like scopes

. Scope always in alignment

. easy to reload for

. accuracy to +150 yards

- this would be good for long range shooting, however with a proper low power scope it would be great in low light close range conditions, without the cost of the rifle sight cousin.

2 18 1/2" smooth bore w/ iron sights

. 3 1/2" chamber for light fields slugs, and mag buckshot

. home defense capabilities (intruders wont like a 3 1/2" mag of #2 buckshot)

. great for in brush, or blinds

. accuracy to 100 yards

- this barrel would be good because I hunt in blinds and stands mostly, a shotgun w/ 28" barrel is hard to maneuver. With light feilds 3 1/2" slugs, any deer within 100 yards I wouldn't expect to get far.

3 24" rifled slug barrel w/ iron sights (Ithaca barrel)

. nice fiber optic sights

. no-rust matte barrel

. easy to reload for

. accuracy to 125 yards

- this barrel would be good with its glow sights because I hunt in a kind of dark area, but I just don't need that much range, and this tends the be the most expensive

Edited by slugmeister

I cant decide on which barrel to get, they are all so good. I hunt at close range, 100 yards being a long shot.

1 24" rifled slug barrel w/ scope mount

. I like scopes

. Scope always in alignment

. easy to reload for

. accuracy to +150 yards

- this would be good for long range shooting, however with a proper low power scope it would be great in low light close range conditions, without the cost of the rifle sight cousin.

2 18 1/2" smooth bore w/ iron sights

. 3 1/2" chamber for light fields slugs, and mag buckshot

. home defense capabilities (intruders wont like a 3 1/2" mag of #2 buckshot)

. great for in brush, or blinds

. accuracy to 100 yards

- this barrel would be good because I hunt in blinds and stands mostly, a shotgun w/ 28" barrel is hard to maneuver. With light feilds 3 1/2" slugs, any deer within 100 yards I wouldn't expect to get far.

3 24" rifled slug barrel w/ iron sights (Ithaca barrel)

. nice fiber optic sights

. no-rust matte barrel

. easy to reload for

. accuracy to 125 yards

- this barrel would be good with its glow sights because I hunt in a kind of dark area, but I just don't need that much range, and this tends the be the most expensive

I like option 1 the best, option 2 would be ok but with the longer chamber it may not throw very accurate groups. Keep your barrel 24" at longest because with slow slugs the barrel will start to move up from recoil before the slug leaves the barrel. Also keep in mind you will have to use rifled slugs for accuracy with option 2.

I got a solid 3" group @50 yards with 2 3/4" brenneke black magic short mags in my 3 1/2" 28" ribbed barrel. I didn't like it because

1 it only has a bead, and hits 2 feet left and 3 feet hight (shoots perfect with shot:confused:)

2 28" is just unbearable to menouver, I had to use a 2 person blind otherwise I'd rub the end on the side and would alert deer.

I know people think Smoothbore=Bad groups but I have seen smoothbores with beads shoot a solid 3 1/2" group at 100 yards. Sure rifled barrels can extend my range to 200 yards maybe 6" groups, but where I am 100 yards is already in brush.