Best Sabots

erskatedoc

The wife asked me to have some extra slugs on hand. She loves skeet and trap and as a result of her comfort with SG's, she prefers her M4 over a rifle. She asked me to get a few hundred rounds of Sabots (for HD). Any suggestions? I have little practical experience with Sabots. Cabelas has a sale on Winchester Supreme XP3 300 gr Sabot Slugs ($11.99/box of 5) with free shipping.

Any other suggestions?

The wife asked me to have some extra slugs on hand. She loves skeet and trap and as a result of her comfort with SG's, she prefers her M4 over a rifle. She asked me to get a few hundred rounds of Sabots (for HD). Any suggestions? I have little practical experience with Sabots. Cabelas has a sale on Winchester Supreme XP3 300 gr Sabot Slugs ($11.99/box of 5) with free shipping.

Any other suggestions?

Unless you have an M4 with a rifled barrel or choke tube I would just get the cheaper rifled slugs as sabots need the spin of rifling to squeeze the accuracy out. Especially since it is for an HD use I really dont think you will see much of an accuracy difference over 20 yards.

Some on the forum here have reported good results with federal truball rifled slugs.

Personally if I was looking for a dedicated HD round I would be looking at OO or OOO buckshot, but currently I'm taking the lazy route and saying I use 3" Remington Buckhammers for hunting those should probably work for HD too...

Any other suggestions?

Get here Black Magics in 3" or 2-3/4". They perform great in both rifled and smooth bore barrels. You should find them for around $8 a box for 5, but the 3" are 600 gr.

I agree with the above post, get some 00 or 000 buckshot for HD. You can't go wrong with that, but the Black Magics are so accurate I would feel comfortable in a hostage situation, 10-30 foot head shots with ease.

By the way why does she need a few hundred rounds of HD slugs? I think a few boxes will be more than enough. Tell her to stagger her rounds, slug than buckshot than slug and so on. Hope you don't need to use them.

Good Luck....