want to hunt pheasant,again

Feather Buster

i have hunted phes 1 time in my life when i was 15,loved it,any way where i live there are none to 0 pheasants.but there is a "farm" that i can pay to hunt them.it seems kinda of high,but am seriously contemplating it.i am now 40 yrs young and ready to take more birds.has anybody done this?if so let me know if it was worth the price.thanks all for any replies.

• 3 weeks later...

Pheasants are probably the most extraordinary upland game bird. They are large, but are capable of amazing hiding and escape tactics. They may seem like a huge target, but they can fly over 55 mph.

I assume your question relates to hunting pen-raised pheasants on a game farm. The answer is these pheasants will be easily located and flushed, but you still have a challenging shot. --Spike

Where I live it is a big hunting season. The Wildlife Managent releases pheasants several times a year . The Hunters and there dogs are a sight to see. The woods is alive with activity. I purchase a stamp and walk the woods. Its worth every penny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

$200 for 20 birds (10 pheasants + 10 chukars) is a good deal.

One thing you will notice hunting a mixed bag of pheasants and chukars is the significant difference in acceleration and flying speed between these two birds. It actually makes shooting more of a challenge.

--Spike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hunting is hunting whether in public land or in a "ranch" .The birds still have to be flushed and hitting them is not any different than the wild except that they are easier to find. We pay $100/hunter for 4 birds to be put in the field. A guide is about $50 to $80.It makes for a great 3-4 hours.

Have fun.That is what I am doing tomorrow morning!!

• 5 weeks later...