choke tubes for slugs???

Jester32

Jester32

Sure, in most relatively open chokes, slugs can be used. We are talking about CYL, IC, LMOD and even MOD will usually give good accuracy. Please keep in mind that it is always highly recommended to try a number of different shotshell slug loads to determine what shoots best in your gun. I have always found that the Fed Tru-Ball loads shoot very good through most chokes! Another highly recommended item is some kind of red dot optic, shotgun scope or very good high visibility sights to take advantage of this type of load. Slug loads would be what I would have in bear country!

Mark

http://www.blackborechokes.com

• 4 weeks later...

I would be VERY careful before you shoot a bear because it's "too close" to your house. My experience with bears in Maine, and we've got a @#$%load of them is they'll come close to house because there's something to eat: bird feeders, trash etc.

I would take a good look at potential food sources and remove them. I'm a hunter, but I don't think it's right to shoot a bear just because he's looking to eat something a person left out.