Question about recoil reducer for Nova

Chad

My Beneli Recoil Reducer finally came in at my local gun shop. I brought it home and there were no instructions with it. I was only able to secure the bracket with one screw as there was no way to get a screwdriver in to secure the second screw. When I dropped the mercury filled tube into the bracket there was a gap of about one to two inches left in the bracket. This means that the tube will slide up and down with an inch or two of play as I move the gun around. Know, there was a piece of black hose about five inches long that was sitting inside the bracket when I opened it from it's original packaging. I'm wondering if I am supposed to cut a piece of this hose to fill the gap in the bracket. Anybody have the answer?

Chad

Your assumption was correct you do have to cut the black hose. As far as the second screw, I had to go back to my local gun shop and get them to put the screw in because I did not have a screwdriver long enough. They should have one long enough and you should not have to pay. It was a good idea to buy one it helps a lot especially when shooting really hot loads or 3.5

• 2 weeks later...

My reducer really helps. I shoot skeet and those 2 3/4" shells feel like a little nudge. I too had problems with the hose-if I remember correctly it must be cut to fit exact. I messed the first attempt up but the second hose fit tight. I kept the messed up hose so I could take it to an auto parts store and get more. I do not know when or if the hose needs replacing- I guess when it falls apart I’ll replace it. :D