bolt arm

edgar

I purchased a M1 super 90 about 4 years ago and have since put nearly 3000 shells through it. however, i have only once been able to get the arming bolt off (therefore i have only once been able to clean the rear of the bolt assembly etc...)

and technicaly, i didnt even do that. *I* spent 30 min trying to get it out and then gave up, my girl friend walked over and took 1 small tug on it and *pop* it came off. anywho....

the manual (which im assuming was VERY literaly translated from italian into english) only says 'rip off the arming bolt' in this step of cleaning.

Does anyone have any tips on how to 'rip' it off. and does anyone have any ideas of how/what i should do special since i cant get back theie easily/in a long time?

thanks for whatever help you lend.

Figured it out. just a handtowle (so you dont scratch anything) and a flathead screwdriver poped that puppy right out. just *easily* pried the arming bolt out by twisting the screwdriver under the lip of the arming bolt and using the cassing of the shotgun as support to pry against.

hope that helps everyoen else.

dear twist ,pry&tug with tools and towel in other hand,I'm right there with you guys on pulling that darn charging bolt out,I turned in all that stuff for one shoe string wrap and pull,these days it comes out by hand but when new I went all those other routes until I discovered the magic of shoestrings ,take it easy gang your Benelli brother M1014 smile.gif :cool: :rolleyes:

dear twist ,pry&tug with tools and towel in other hand,I'm right there with you guys on pulling that darn charging bolt out,I turned in all that stuff for one shoe string wrap and pull,these days it comes out by hand but when new I went all those other routes until I discovered the magic of shoestrings ,take it easy gang your Benelli brother M1014 smile.gif :cool: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by edgar:

I purchased a M1 super 90 about 4 years ago and have since put nearly 3000 shells through it. however, i have only once been able to get the arming bolt off (therefore i have only once been able to clean the rear of the bolt assembly etc...)

and technicaly, i didnt even do that. *I* spent 30 min trying to get it out and then gave up, my girl friend walked over and took 1 small tug on it and *pop* it came off. anywho....

the manual (which im assuming was VERY literaly translated from italian into english) only says 'rip off the arming bolt' in this step of cleaning.

Does anyone have any tips on how to 'rip' it off. and does anyone have any ideas of how/what i should do special since i cant get back theie easily/in a long time?

thanks for whatever help you lend.