SBE Problem

BigBob

Does anybody else have problems with the SBE cycling 2 3/4" shells?? My buddy and I were hunting teal this morning & doves in the afternoon. I use an M1, He needed some shells for dove and all I had was 2 3/4" #6 & some #8. His SBE would not cycle any of them. Any suggestions??

I shot 4 boxes of the winchester Xperts. 2 3/4 inch #6 and #7 without any problems at all this past weekend while I was dove hunting on a state area. I believe they are only 1 ounce loads too. The SBE is supposed to shoot all 1 1/8 ounce loads so I would be inclined on calling Benelli and asking them what the problem might be.

Originally posted by BigBob:

remington 1 1/8 steel, no. 4's

No problems with my M1. Makes me glad I went that route. What brand of shells works best for you?

Had the same problem this weekend, shooting Winchester 1 1/8 load # 8 shot. Out of around 100 shots it would not finish the cycle 7 times. It would eject the shell, but the receiver would only go back about 1 /2 way would have to manually finish the cycle to load the next shell. Any Ideas ? Gun is brand new first time I have ever shot it.

Did you clean it real good when you first got it? Soemtimes it has a packing grease all over it for protection and you have to take that all off and oil it before you use it. Other than that, I wouldn't have any idea what the problem is. Maybe try a different brand of shell.