M4 vs. M1 stocks...?

homeinvader

I own a pre-ban M1 Super 90 Tactical and would like to get an M4 collapsible stock for it. I understand they are only available to LE or military if you go to Benelli USA, but I have some international sources for the parts. What I can't seem to get any info on is the compatibility between the two. With the proper M4 parts, will the M4 collapsible stock fit an M1?

homeinvader,good idea,I put my M1014&m1 super 90 side by side and noticed the recievers are shaped differently ,especialy at the rear,doesn't look like the pistol grip will match up evenly with the M1 or if it will even slide up all the way.A recoil spring tube interchange would be neccessary to even try this and thats if the interchange is possible.Looking at my factory manuals,it looks tricky but not impossible.good luck M1014 :rolleyes:

I think this will be tricky and would be surprised if Benelli did not purposefully engineer these to not be compatable. Also, in my experience, if you mess around with original engineering with an "aftermarket" approach, something is compromised - usually reliability - like cycling dynamics, recoil dispersion, etc. Your effort to make a very good thing better, could backfire. Best luck, interested to know where you go with this. Why not just get a pre-ban collapsable stock like the M3T Super 90 Folding Stock - pricey but will do what you want. Stay safe...

Originally posted by homeinvader:

I own a pre-ban M1 Super 90 Tactical and would like to get an M4 collapsible stock for it. I understand they are only available to LE or military if you go to Benelli USA, but I have some international sources for the parts. What I can't seem to get any info on is the compatibility between the two. With the proper M4 parts, will the M4 collapsible stock fit an M1?

[ July 31, 2003, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Rescue14 ]

Originally posted by Rescue14:

quote:

Iwould be interested in getting a collapsible stock. Although I would NEVER put it on. Sorry I'm learning site.