benelli pics

M1014

M1014,

Very nice eye candy - what scopes are you using? And what would you recommend? I am looking for a scope for my M1014 and would like to move it to an AR15 when I wanted. Thinking about the Aimpoint. The ACOG is nice, but very pricy. The Eotech is another option. Any suggestions?

Tacman

PS How did you attach the digital pix? What format?

Piney,my partner and I went through exhausting research and development to get them where their presently at..After testing and tunning other brands years ago,Benelli is the product of choice,They feel and shoot great,maintinence is a snap,just wish I had more dough for more go. later M1014 smile.gif

Treeman,

Do you have the Eotech 500, 510, or 550? Which battery type - lithium, AA? How is the battery life? How is viewing in daylight and at night? Do you move the scope across the AR and Benelli platforms? Any issues? How do you mount on the AR - carry handle? flat top? Do you co-witness? Do you do 3 gun? I have heard that you can't change scopes there and a variable scope is the best way to go - like 1-4x to adapt to different distances. Thanks for any info. Appreciate it - this scope choice is confusing. smile.gif :confused: Tacman

Rescue 14,

I have the Insight Technologies M3 with tactical LED on my M1014 mounted to a 1" ring that attaches to the tube extension. The light is nice and lightweight and has built-in shock isolation. It is 90+ lumens for 60 minutes in standard bulb. The tactical light is nice at night to keep your night vision - it switches between two strengths and comes in blue, red, white, green, IR, or UV options.

If you go with a Surefire (very good product too looks like that is what M1014 has), the 6P (600) line is the classic choice. They are 65 lumens for 60 minutes standard bulb or 120 lumens for 20 minutes high intensity bulb. There is also a 900 series with its own specs. You really need to research and match to your expected uses. There are all types of mounting hardware available from Surefire and GGG.

On both Insight and Surefire, you can get a rear cap adapter with different length tape swithes to mount a pressure switch on the forend somewhere. These just replace the back end of the light. Again the M3 is a bit less expensive.

Just make sure you get the extra option shock-isolated bezel if you get the Surefire as the shotgun can soon take out the bulb without it. It is standard on the M3. Good luck. Hope you found this illuminating. ;)

Tacman

Tacman, I have the 552. It takes AA batteries. I have had this site for 6-8 months & I'm still on the first batteries. No, it is a dedicated to my AR. I use a BC-CAM to co-witness the site. I'm trying to get geared up for 3-gun. I have not shot it yet though. There is a 3-gun match this weekend. This will be my first. I have been shooting IDPA for about 2 years now. I have shot the shotgun side match a time or two. I don't think you can go wrong with either Aimpoint or Eotech.

Treeman,

Thanks for the BC-CAM tip - looks great. When I decide what optic, I will likely get one. Appreciate the tip. There is just so much out there, especially with the AR... Let me know how the 3 gun goes. Interested in your feedback. SHoot well. Stay safe. Tacman