Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Surefire M80 Rails on M4 / M1014

works fine over here, thx for posting this thread, thought i was gonna have to sh!t can the m80 haha

2. Default

What about the B&T quadrail? The official word is that the quadrail will now work on all M4s. The only difference is the method of installation. It is easier to install on a 1014, but it will work on current M4s. You just have to heat the rail, take the screws out, then once apart, install them on the gun.

I bought the Surefire M80 and promptly returned it. The fit is not perfect and it makes the grip too large in my opinion.

People's experiences with this M80 have certainly been polar. As for me - I haven't had any trouble with mine, as of yet. The fit is fine, the finish is excellent (typical SureFire quality), and I very much like the look and feel of this picatinny rail.

Different people's mileage certainly varies - but the M80 is living up to everything I had expected of it, so far!

6. Default SF M80

Can someone post a pic of this thing installed. What is your impression?

Thanks,

Larry

I was a bit disappointed once I figured out that it did not fit correctly, but the fix was pretty simple and seems to hold up well. I really like it as it let's me put a forward grip on it which works a lot better for me. Certainly it would be most useful for a flashlight mount platform too. If you want your Benelli to be tacticool, then it is worthwhile.

Think of it in terms of your favorite black rifle. If you like your AR-15 with front rails, then this is the way to go. If your AR-15 has the standard plastic handguards, then you probably don't need this either.

Last edited by Flame Red; 05-10-2008 at 07:59 PM.

When I installed the M80 it created a slight gap between the bbl and the face of the reciever. Then I tried mounting my Surefire M600 and could not find a decent spot to mount it and still make use of the tape switch.

Quality is fantastic, but its just not perfect... at all.

Now we know that when faced with a BG armed with an M4 + M80 at close range to grab the rail at the area where the gas pistons reside to induce an FTF.

10. Default

Would you prefer the surefire m900ab or the m900a on this rail? Will the m900ab even fit?