Benelli Supernova; question about original magazine extension

Laser

I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and I've never heard if anyone has stated if the original mag extension +2 tube for the Benelli Supernova can support accessories such as tactical light. Does anyone know anything about this?

I bought the +2 Magazine extension for my Nova (same as SuperNova at least for the barrels and magazines). It plugged right up and is now a 7+1 or 8+1 (2-3/4") in fact (a nice surprise!!) :D I got the TacStar model 1081188 I think it was.

I then mounted a CDM MOD-C flashlight mount on it. It is a clamp on type so it would fit regardless of size, but it is made wider on one end for the magazine tube (wider diameter than the barrel itself).

idk about the benelli original part which is ridiculously expensive; but i have the nordic components +2 on my supernova and you can buy the clamp that holds it to the barrel and it comes with a small pic/weav rail that you can adapt a flashlight too

Has anyone gotten a two point sling for the Benelli Supernova Tactical. Also, has anyone noticed the tiny hole located on the ring part of the barrel that slides over the front of the magazine tube? Here is a pic of it circled in red:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]778[/ATTACH]

Was that hole designed for a sling? I bet some of you guys were relieved when you finished your customizations? ;)

Hmmm, what sort of extension do you have to disassemble the shotgun seeing as it is a pistol grip model? BTW, do you have a sling for yours?

I have a Nordic +2 mag extension. Assemble is relatively straight forward. The pg plays no part in installation of the Nordic Mag extension. And I do have a sling.

I see, that's an interesting cheek rest you got on the top of your buttstock. Who makes it or is it custom? What sort of sling do you have?

It's a Mesa Tactical Urbino stock. The cheek riser is an option on the Urbino stock. if you use the search function, I made a picture thread not too long ago on it.

The sling I have is a plain 2 point Allen neoprene sling. The issue of a sling on a hd gun is debatable, but for my purposes I found the use of a sling necessary.

• 1 year later...

I called Brain at Savvy Sniper (http://www.savvysniper.com) and sent him the same picture of the "ring with the hole". He put a Mid West Industries clamp that fits that ring and sewed it on the end of a sling he made for me. He also customized the end of the sling with a standard clip on end which is hidden under a small sleeve so I can change the sling out quickly and easily to my AK or AR. Very cool idea. I can send pics if you like.

Tony