New Super Nova Slide Stuck Open

Benvand

I have a brand new Super Nova 12 Gauge that I just cleaned for the second time after shooting 50 rounds of trap. After brushing and swabbing the barrel with the action open, I went to cycle the action but the pump/slide got firmly stuck in the open bolt position. I was able to release it only by removing the trigger assembly. Has anyone else experienced this problem? It is possible I hit the bolt face with my cleaning rod and somehow caused it to jam open? I'd like to avoid it again for field cleaning, so I'm looking for insight on what may have caused it.

Thanks.

Benvand,

That's an unusual situation, but since buying my Super Black Eagle II a couple of weeks ago, I'm learning that Benelli's are a different breed when it comes to assembly/cleaning, etc. If I were you, I would call the Benelli customer support line directly. When I got my new SBE II home, I found that the flourescent part of the front site was missing. I called the customer support and they got me a replacement site overnight free of charge. They're really good to deal with and I'm not sure I would trust anyone else to tell me how to correct the problem, even though it is probably something simple and just one of those "Benelli idiosyncrasies."