Benelli M4 -- Complete Trigger Group Assembly Guide

StrangerDanger

041_zps491df5b9.jpg

It's a PITA without the proper tools. Even with this magnabit, it isn't super easy to compress the spring. Without the magnabit, you can try to compress the spring with a punch, and insert an alignment pin through the retention pin hole. It isn't going to be easy to compress the spring with a dental pick while you tap the pin in.

041_zps491df5b9.jpg

It's a PITA without the proper tools. Even with this magnabit, it isn't super easy to compress the spring. Without the magnabit, you can try to compress the spring with a punch, and insert an alignment pin through the retention pin hole. It isn't going to be easy to compress the spring with a dental pick while you tap the pin in.

I can see how that would be tricky while trying to drive a pin in.

You might have to wait for me to install that safety for a bit...

• 1 year later...
A big middle finger salute to Photobucket for messing up all my image URL's. Just spent a couple hours moving the pictures to Imagru. Hopefully we won't have any issues for a while.

Their site has been irritating for years. I always hated when people hosted their images there.

The last few months will go down as colossally stupid I believe.

• 6 months later...

Great write up and pictures. I've been lurking around a while, whenever I have a question, I do a google search and StrangerDanger is there with answers/pictures.

Thanks for your decade plus contribution of knowledge regarding Benelli firearms.

• 5 months later...
For those of you buying the new A&S Engineering trigger guards, the new production units have safety assemblies that are much easier to manipulate. The supplied spring also offers a much nicer safety tension.

The frame also has a indent for the trigger spring to sit in to keep it centered.

Sweet, thanx!

• 2 years later...

SD - Absolutely SUPERB post.  Completed my FF Tactical parts swap out with ease, bringing my M4 into 922(R) compliance. Your post was complete, detailed (great photos), and  even provided all relevant reference materials.  THANK YOU!  

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Excellent write-up. Just completed my install with an A & S housing and FFT NP3 trigger pack and lifter.

Outstanding pictures and details. Made my install a breeze. Function checks complete. All that’s left now is live fire test.

Thanks man, your time and effort is much appreciated!

Edited by S. Bazaar
  • Upvote 1

Congrats on the new A&S housing and trigger pack install! Yesterday, after waiting nearly 2 years for notification from Midwest Gun Works that they received/back in stock of  Benelli M4 Trigger group(oem polymer housing)..I immediately went to order one but they had already sold out in just 20 minutes!!! Midwest only received a limited number of trigger groups and said no clue when more might be coming, so back to waiting again for notification. Gotta say,  Midwest Gun Works only charges $183.75 for the Benelli OEM trigger group..while FFT charges( more like ass-rape) $1,000 for oem(sold out)..and charges $900 w/A&S housing.  Benelliparts.net and a couple other places also considerably mark up the trigger group, but they have been of stock as well. I get it, Benelli has been long behind  & continues to play catch up with production of back orders, but the price-gouging-by-demand-behavior that are displayed by some smaller businesses is sickening..personally I believe it will come back to haunt them in the long term. 

• 11 months later...

Reading this thread gave me the confidence to take apart the trigger group to install a TTI safety upgrade. Unfortunately during the process, a small washer magically appeared and I don't know where it goes! I'd rather not have left over parts during the assembly =( Any ideas if the parts changed in the new model?

AJ

On 8/31/2013 at 11:07 PM, StrangerDanger said:

jfWEjLc.jpg

Here the Carrier Spring and the Carrier Plunger are installed. Pay attention to the highlighted spring stop. This must be next to the Breech Latch, or the Trigger Group will not function. The Carrier Plunger & Spring are simply held in place by the Carrier. If you allow the Trigger Group to move around too much, it will simply fall out.

jSMUNjS.jpg

Here is the Hammer Spring and Hammer Spring Cap assembled. The Cap simply fits over the top of the spring.

I found out where the washer goes. It is a new addition it seems to fit into a slot that holds the carrier spring and carrier plunger in place.

• Upvote 1