New Product Announcement - Benelli M4 Mount from AVATactical.com - Discount Available

AVATactical.com

I look forward to purchasing your newest generation light mount for my beautiful Benelli M4S. ;)

Can't wait to deliver! Working on them.

I am putting up for sale a few mod 0, first generation, testing mules. I have one with a .8 Inch. And one with both, .8 and 1 inch. They are are on the avatactical.com store.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Folks,

I just shot my M4 with the AVA mount for the first time this week.

I have an Elzetta Bravo light which went acrobatic on me after about 5 shells.

I'm thinking about replacing with a Surefire 6P or a Malkoff MD2.

Will these stay in place and work correctly?

Hi Folks,

I just shot my M4 with the AVA mount for the first time this week.

I have an Elzetta Bravo light which went acrobatic on me after about 5 shells.

I'm thinking about replacing with a Surefire 6P or a Malkoff MD2.

Will these stay in place and work correctly?

Like I said about lugs, integral mounting, and shotgun recoil...

Honestly, if you want to use the AVA, I'd get a Scout/Scout body. The Bravo is an excellent and well-made light. You didn't choose bad kit, you just chose kit that may not play well together in certain applications.

IWC says they do the same. I’ve had zero issue with them and they offer a unique foot mounting solution. It allows for micro adjustments fore and aft, and side to side. This only applies when using them on traditional mounts or say the IWC Benelli M4 Mount.

For kicks, I sent in several to Robar and had them plated in Np3. I was concerned about the coating, but it was a non-issue and they work fine.

Like I said about lugs, integral mounting, and shotgun recoil...

Honestly, if you want to use the AVA, I'd get a Scout/Scout body. The Bravo is an excellent and well-made light. You didn't choose bad kit, you just chose kit that may not play well together in certain applications.

The IWC M300 or M600 light bodies are a better choice then the Surefire Scout bodies.

I'm confused about how to make these things work since I don't know much about Surefire. I have an original AVA mount. I thought you had to mill off a lot of these lights, the switches were twist on, etc? I don't know if the lugged bodies will work with the original AVA mount.

I'm thinking my Elzetta may work with a coating of skateboard tape as well.

I'm confused about how to make these things work since I don't know much about Surefire. I have an original AVA mount. I thought you had to mill off a lot of these lights, the switches were twist on, etc? I don't know if the lugged bodies will work with the original AVA mount.

I'm thinking my Elzetta may work with a coating of skateboard tape as well.

If you end up changing to a SF Scout light, you need one of these aftermarket Scout bodies to be able to use it in the AVA mount. That, or milling material off of the lugs on a Scout body

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/thorntail-backbone-600-light-body/

You also have to replace the Scout tail cap with an aftermarket non-shrouded one or have the shrouded one lathed down to remove the shroud.

I had that set up on for a few months now I have gone back to my first setup.

IMG_0619.JPG

Edited by Evolution

The original Ava mount won’t work with the Scout body or the aftermarket units. Back when I was using them, I would use Surefire E2L Outdoorsman, then I’d stick a higher output Scout lamp on it.

I think my plan is to deface the tailcap on the Elzetta with a file to rough it up a bit. Then wrap with some skateboard tape and see if that holds. You think that might work?

I think my plan is to deface the tailcap on the Elzetta with a file to rough it up a bit. Then wrap with some skateboard tape and see if that holds. You think that might work?

UGH.... that sounds horrible....keep the light to use a regular flashlight and start from scratch with a new setup.

Well guys, I have a lot of Elzettas and I am only sacrificing a Tailcap.

I basically have no use for the light if it's not mounted on the M4. I also bought it for a song.

The light is useless to me as a regular flashlight because I am "one of those light guys" and have a ton of lights. I don't pick up the baby Elzetta to do anything. It was purpose bought for this shotgun and I only have about $45 in it.

So I put some texture on it with a file and a bit of tape and no one will even see it. Hopefully it will just turn out to be an Elzetta that no longer takes flight.

;)

What if you used one of those rubberized paints or the do it yourself spray on bedliner’s in the automotive section of vatozone?

I’m not sure how well roughing it up with a file will work. I think the recoil will defeat the skateboard tape’s adhesive.

Why buy socket wrenches when you have a crescent wrench?

:(

I agree he’s better off upgrading. Right now you could probably sell your old mount off for 75 - 90 bucks. You’d be in another 70 or so for the IWC M600 body. Most then buy a Surefire Scout light of whatever flavor you like. Personally I’m using the M600 Intellibeam units at 600 lumens. The lamp head has to be machined to fit for either the Ava or the IWC mounts.

I’ll gladly machine any parts you need to make the light of your choice fit on my lathe. Ie: tailcaps and/or lamp heads. I know a few Cerakote places that can paint the parts afterwards if cosmetics are an issue.

What if you used one of those rubberized paints or the do it yourself spray on bedliner’s in the automotive section of vatozone?

I’m not sure how well roughing it up with a file will work. I think the recoil will defeat the skateboard tape’s adhesive.

So here's my thinking.

I can buy a new tailcap on Ebay usually for around $15-20.

I rough up my tailcap with a file so that the adhesive on the tape has some real purchase instead of trying to hold onto Class III anodization. I would rough it up a 90 degree pattern from the expected force direction.

The other side of the tape is 80 grit.

I really think this should hold. If it doesn't, I'm out $20 to replace the tailcap.

I don't know if the tape will add so much diameter where I won't be able to clamp it down though.

I agree he’s better off upgrading. Right now you could probably sell your old mount off for 75 - 90 bucks. You’d be in another 70 or so for the IWC M600 body. Most then buy a Surefire Scout light of whatever flavor you like. Personally I’m using the M600 Intellibeam units at 600 lumens. The lamp head has to be machined to fit for either the Ava or the IWC mounts.

I’ll gladly machine any parts you need to make the light of your choice fit on my lathe. Ie: tailcaps and/or lamp heads. I know a few Cerakote places that can paint the parts afterwards if cosmetics are an issue.

It's possible I may have to go this route. Just trying to avoid another bucket of $$$ after the current bucket I already blew through and is unusable.