BENELLI OPTIC RAIL The decisive Trijicon RMR mount for the Benelli m4

heckler&kochp2000

I received the Trijicon RMR Adjustable LED the other day. Pictures are misleading on the units size. These units are tiny. The only negative aspect of using the RMR I have found is the battery replacement. You have to unscrew the two fasteners that holds the unit to the Scalarwork rail in order to replace the battery. It isn't a deal breaker, just something you have to accept. I could think of no way around the issue from an engineering standpoint.

So I contacted Trijicon re: the NV compatibility of the RMR and the lady in CS advised me that a NV device such as a PVS-14 needs to go IN FRONT OF the RMR.

Now I'm wondering if there is a mount for the PVS-14 which will get the PVS-14 low enough to be inline with the RMR when both the PVS-14 and the RMR are mounted on the Scalarworks rail. Anyone know?

• 2 weeks later...
I got the mount the other day. The machining is great and fits the RMR perfectly.

How is the partial co-witness: 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 3/4.... The angle and movement in the video make it difficult to judge the resulting sight picture. Your insight would be greatly appreciated! I'm still on the fence with going to an RMR over my current T-1.

I can't give a good assessment since it isn't mounted yet. I just kicked it up on mine. I don't have the weapon it is intended for since its sitting at the exporter. Since I don't have a FFL yet, I can't take possession of the serialized parts.

It's hard to say which is better. I have three T1's on M4's. The T1 seems tougher and requires less interaction. You can leave it on for years where as the RMR uses the exact same battery and has a much shorter use life. There is a lot less bulk and weight with the RMR though. Both feel plenty tough to take impacts. There is a lot less visual obstruction from the RMR than the T1. You don't have the large tube or the adjustment knob to see through. Being able to use the irons through the RMR is also a plus.

For popping bad piggies, I think the RMR is the way to go. I kind of want to switch mine out for t1's. I just don't want to hassle with selling my existing 4moa units. This mount is the absolute best for mounting an RMR.

Hi everyone. Some of you may have seen coverage of our new light-weight Aimpoint Micro mount on the popular mil and firearm blogs, but we would like to introduce you to our Trijicon RMR mount for the Benelli m4.

scalarworks_bor-rmr_trijicon-rmr-mount_benelli-m4_hero.jpg?c9f97b

The Scalarworks Benelli Optic Rail for Trijicon RMR sights (BOR/RMR) is the lowest profile and lightest means of mounting a Trijicon RMR to a Benelli m4 shotgun.

Scalarworks BOR/RMR key features:

• Improves sight picture by placing Red Dot Sight just above Benelli m4 factory iron sights.
  • Streamlines Benelli m4 profile as compared to using a separate Picatinny mount.
  • Weighs only 1.15oz. – lighter than even the bare Benelli m4 rail.
  • Provides eight MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny slots for mounting accessories.
  • Compatible with all Trijicon RMR sights (RM01-RM08).
  • Limited Lifetime Warranty.
  • Made in USA.

Visit the BOR/RMR product page for complete details.

The BOR/RMR is available right now from https://scalarworks.com with an MSRP of $119.

I have sent a few messages about availability......are these in stock and ready for shipment?

Mine came via USPS Priority Mail, and I think I had it in 3 days. I never tried calling or emailing them. Just sent in an order on their website.

I went with the RMR LED Adjustable one. Machining of the rail is very nice. It's a very lightweight package. I have three other M4's with Aimpoint T1's with 4moa dots. I'd like to replace them with this RMR setup, but I'm too lazy to try to sell off the Aimpoints with low mounts.

Seriously considering one of these.

I have a Leupold deltapoint on one of my HD rifles. The reason is the Deltapoint comes on when you move the firearm. This is excellent defensive setup. The Aimpoints solve it with extremely long battery life.

Does the RMR do this? To my knowledge the Delta was the only mini site like this that did that, but I am often wrong. Is this mount compatible with Delta? I don't know enough about the patterns.

The RMR doesn't automatically come on, but it has a decent run time on the moderate settings. Here is what Trijicon claims;

The RM06 and RM07 battery should last four years of continual use at brightness setting #4. When left on at the brightest setting (brightness setting #8), the battery should last around 25 days.

They have their tritium version, but found it to be lacking. It seemed really easy to wash out in transitional light situations.

I'm okay with this on the RMR since you can co-witness through the irons. So even if it was dead, you'd still have your irons. I wish Aimpoint and Trijicon would follow the Leupold design, most users would get to change batteries around the time the battery expires in 10 years.

Seriously considering one of these.

Does the RMR do this? To my knowledge the Delta was the only mini site like this that did that, but I am often wrong. Is this mount compatible with Delta? I don't know enough about the patterns.

That's a pretty cool and unique feature of the Delta. Like StrangerDanger said, the RMR doesn't do that. We also like the RM01 which auto-adjusts its brightness level. It does a good job of it and if you store your gun in a dark place the brightness will drop way down and the battery will last a lot longer. Conversely, if you leave it in a brightly lit area it will drain faster.

The BOR/RMR isn't compatible with the Delta Point unfortunately. Given the success of the BOR/RMR we are looking at making versions compatible with other popular sights in the future.