Which optic should i use on my M4? OPINIONS.

PCFIVEZ

WHICH OPTIC?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH OPTIC?

• AIMPOINT MICRO T2
    • EOTECH XPS-2

i am undecided here on which i should use. both work extremely fine for my tastes...so i guess...which one looks better?

i can care less about weight...but i am currently sticking with the T2 since it has obscene battery life.

what do you guys think?

:confused:

AIMPOINT MICRO T2

[ATTACH]2863[/ATTACH]

EOTECH X***

[ATTACH]2864[/ATTACH]

Of the two, I'd go with the Aimpoint. But if it were my shotgun, I'd go with the Trijicon RMR on a Scalarworks mount. Some day I'll swap out my Aimpoint T1's for the RMR.

The size profile is much smaller. It does everything you need an optic to do.

I hear you on that one. I like that scalar stuff also...but using that will make my asgard defense side saddle useless.

Edited by PCFIVEZ

Of the two, I'd go with the Aimpoint. But if it were my shotgun, I'd go with the Trijicon RMR on a Scalarworks mount. Some day I'll swap out my Aimpoint T1's for the RMR.

The size profile is much smaller. It does everything you need an optic to do.

Except for NVD capability.

sukhoi,

Are you running a helmet mounted night vision device, or rail mounted? I wouldn't think there was enough eye relief to run a helmet setup unless you were just aiming with an IR laser.

This is an area of interest to me since we're exporting M4's to Australia for busting hogs and kangaroos.

As for the rmr, I opted for the rm09 adjustable led model. I have several Aimpoint T1's on the M4. They are quite nice. They are just rather big and bulky compared to the rmr. When I'm not lazy, I'll probably sell my T1's and migrate to the rmr's.

There are options to get around the top rail issue. You can move to a Velcro card system she'll holder from 3gungear. Or you could just mount the rmr to the asguard rail. This won't be as nice as the Scalarwork rail option though. I used to have the asguard predecessor, the Sidearmor. I found it was faster to load from belt mounted she'll caddies like the ones from California Competition. It kept the weight off of the weapon too. I do understand the point of wanting additional shells with the weapon for a home defense option. I alleviated this concern by draping a bandolier over the shotgun with 55 rounds of various shells in it.

I had an Eotech on my M4 about a decade ago. It didn't last. After several thousand rounds, the reticle began to get fuzzy. A trip back to EOTech helped, but didn't cure the problem. I ended up selling it off with full disclosure of the issues. It wasn't an eye issue with astigmatism, I have looked through many other EOTechs, and the issue wasn't there. I have had no issues with the Aimpoints. I think I have 5 of them currently.

One nice benefit of running a big EOTech or Aimpoint is it acts as a blast shield when you're shooting birdshot at close range targets. You will get blow back from pellets. Even with eye protection, you will get hit in the face from time to time. The topic will help shield you.

Here is the optic I prefer om my M4 (42mm version): https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=Reflex

Wide field of view, no batteries, etc. One downside: heavy. I have several RMR's on handguns but like the reflex better for a shotgun. YMMV

hmmm...i actually have that optic running on my COLT AR. i never thought of putting it on my BENM4.

• 1 year later...

I am running an Aimpoint T-1 4 MOA dot on my M4. I am now using the new Midwest Industries low profile mount that allows you to co-witness the ghost ring sights if desired. I am pretty happy with the setup. I used to run a Trijicon RMR but during one competition it rained and a droplet of water covered the light emitter and scattered light all over the screen. One drop of water rendered the RMR useless until it dried out again. That is why I moved to the Aimpoint which is sealed at both ends.

Mike

Every M4 owner has a favorite optic. Here's mine: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=RX30A-51

> wide field of view

> always on (no batteries)

> several variations available depending of preferences of dot size, mount style, etc.

> however, not the lightest optic available and a bit bulky (but then so is a shotgun)

If you are concerned about the optic getting wet, here is another similar choice (said to be waterproof to 50 meters):

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=SRS

I do use the Trijicon RMR on several handguns but prefer the reflex sight for a shotgun, mostly because, for me, it makes target acquisition quicker: no squinting through a small window, easy to acquire dot.

Edited by NHnewbie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...