Spuhr forend for the M4

trob09

Price is way too high for an extrusion. Plus it looks very uncomfortable and has proprietary linkage for their rails. An open design on the M4 isn't a real good idea either since the ARGO system vents in there. Hence when you disassemble the M4 after firing a few hundred rounds and find powder residue all over the inside of your handguards.

I've seen a few stippling jobs on the Handguard that came out well. I had a set painted in burnt bronze on the inside of the vents for a while.

Pass........

agreed. As mentioned, I'll be sticking with my current configuration (FFT replica forend halves with an AVA light mount...) I just like to see more people thinking of things for the M4. AVA, Carriercomp, DMW, FFT, Scalarworks all make great stuff, but I like the idea of more people bringing stuff to market.

Price is way too high for an extrusion. Plus it looks very uncomfortable

Agreed, I am totally not into cheese graters for anything I have.

agreed. As mentioned, I'll be sticking with my current configuration (FFT replica forend halves with an AVA light mount...) I just like to see more people thinking of things for the M4. AVA, Carriercomp, DMW, FFT, Scalarworks all make great stuff, but I like the idea of more people bringing stuff to market.

Yeah, it is interesting for that very reason.

I like the looks of the M4 as is, and don't want to adorn it with anything un-necessary or HAEVY

It's interesting, it's way too open for my tastes. The flashlight switch position is interesting, but not surprising the guy is not from the states, and probably doesn't have a great grasp of tacti-cool the average American does. For those not familiar Spuhr is very highly respected in the high power tactical rifle world for making some of the highest tolerance, most durable scope mounts available anywhere, and he's willing to do small runs of niche products/custom versions etc. upon request. That comes at a price, most of the scope mounts are in the $450-600 range.

For the same reasons folks on this forum quieve over other items sold for the M4 so do folks for items made by Spuhr. The quality is impeccable. I have a cantilever scope mount on an M110 project that I built holding a 34mm tube XTR II scope and the thing is worth every dollar spent (just over $400 in my case). Seriously, placement of the pressure switch is operator preference and not a design issue. The accessory attachment holes are of little concern honestly as the mounts offered are of the same exceptional quality and there are many offerings. See the Burris Fast Fire III attached to my scope mount in the enclosed pic. LoL ... You just spent $1600 on a shotgun... =) The argument isn't far off of buying a Ferrari and arguing that the Goodyear F-1's are too expensive and you could get a good deal on some Coopers. I do get it tho, definitely not for everyone. After getting my M4 and not being thoroughly satisfied with the fore end options I may take a look, even if only a look.AR-10_005.jpg

I use Spuhr optics mounts on my long range rifles - Accuracy International in .308 and .338 Lapua - so I am familiar with their quality and reputation. here's a photo of the .308 for fun...

IMG_1866.jpg

As I say, while this item is not for me, I am happy to see more players stepping into the Benelli aftermarket biz. photo of M4 for fun...

IMG_0099.jpg