Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: AVA Mod1 for the Benneli M4

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Just to clarify: for the right amount of money, you will build or cause to be built a singular unique item, speced by the customer?
    In the hypothetical, I would simply need to duplicate the m-lok side of my mount and then model in the through holes for screws on one side. It would take awhile to get right, but it wouldn't be a major redesign.

Even small changes, however, can be. If you have something in mind, I will always be willing to discuss and be up front about it. The production costs I referenced, to be perfectly clear, are third party Prototyping costs. I send models off to a few companies that do that and they provide me a bid to run a unit out. It's not cheap to do so, understandably.

AVA Tactical Benelli M4 Mounts: www.AVATactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by AVATactical.com View Post
    In the hypothetical, I would simply need to duplicate the m-lok side of my mount and then model in the through holes for screws on one side. It would take awhile to get right, but it wouldn't be a major redesign.

Even small changes, however, can be. If you have something in mind, I will always be willing to discuss and be up front about it. The production costs I referenced, to be perfectly clear, are third party Prototyping costs. I send models off to a few companies that do that and they provide me a bid to run a unit out. It's not cheap to do so, understandably.
    As of right now, I have all of the items I want, and they function 100% the way I want for them to. I was simply clarifying for future reference, as well as for others who may have ideas.

As for Surefireís new Scout bodies, Iíve read they are increasing the body diameter by 5mm to take permit the use of the rechargeable cell that can drive the 1500 lumen output. Supposedly you can still use 123A batteries, but the output and runtime will be reduced.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerDanger View Post
    As for Surefire’s new Scout bodies, I’ve read they are increasing the body diameter by 5mm to take permit the use of the rechargeable cell that can drive the 1500 lumen output. Supposedly you can still use 123A batteries, but the output and runtime will be reduced.
    Yes, I am waiting on some samples so I can design to accommodate it. Precise measurements will be important, obviously.

I think with the new output capabilities, this will be the defacto standard. Lumens are king in the market, and I'd bet this will be 95% of all scouts in the future.

It does seem to be the next step forward. I’ll probably hold off until they release an intellibeam model. 1500 is a little too bright for me in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by AVATactical.com View Post
    Yes, I am waiting on some samples so I can design to accommodate it. Precise measurements will be important, obviously.

I think with the new output capabilities, this will be the defacto standard. Lumens are king in the market, and I'd bet this will be 95% of all scouts in the future.
    You've still got a lot of people with legacy and Malkoff/Arisaka models. I still see M600A's for sale from time to time...

7. Default

Is there anywhere I can buy one of these light mounts right now? AVATactical's website says "Out of light mounts". Any idea when more will be available? This is the light mount I want as no others fit the bill.

8. Default

We are in the process now, we are expecting 60 days or so.

Thank You for the continued interest!!!!!

Dear AVA Tactical,

can we still expect mounts availability?

thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Centuriator View Post
    A fool and his money are soon parted.
    I vehemently disagree. I believe the AVA mount to be heads and above any other current solution... but I am willing to have my mind changed