Announcement: AVA Mod1 for the Benneli M4

AVATactical.com

For your consideration:

Approximately 3 years ago AVA was able to introduce a concept born from this very forum. The concept took approximately a year to bring to market as this was, and remains, the singular focus and the only product AVA has ever made.

I was humbled by the response then, and continue to be. I've taken in to account all of the feedback received and have done my best to remain loyal to the needs and requirements of those who use the solution by incorporating into the latest version - the AVA Mod1 mount for the Benelli M4.

Lastly, I wanted to thank everyone for their patience. I feel obligated to have the products in my own hands ready to fulfill orders before I take those orders, but I do recognize this also contributed to anxiety. I am sorry. We're over that now. Thank You for understanding.

What's New:

• Positive Clamping. Increased surface area and geometry ensures even slick body lights will not slip.
  • Scout Style* mounting, captive lug ensures these lights cannot move.
  • Bezel Diameter accommodations up to 1.4 inches, including the Fury series.
  • Does not clamp to the barrel, Mod1 geometry floats the mount around the barrel surface.
  • M-LOK* universal attachment interface replaces pic rail. This reduces material, snagging issues and risk of injuries.
  • M-LOK rails in polymer or aluminium and QD sling bosses can be added here depending on requirements.
  • Improved geometry - Flush connections with no gaps, alignment lugs throughout system.
  • Improved aesthetics - Further streamlining and aggressive rounding. Lightening reliefs are no longer through cut, and the logo is now subtle in all black.
  • Simplified offering, all mounts come with facilities for .8 Inch, 1 inch and Scout lights.

AVA Design Principles:

• Aesthetically pleasing design.
  • PERFECT light button and body placement, not just 'good enough'. Allows for clearance of bezel but still puts the light activation button in the perfect position without unsightly gaps between the light and the firearm.
  • Snag free design with no protrusions, ultra low profile with all edges heavily rounded.
  • Accommodates .8 Inch, 1 Inch and Scout Style* lights.
  • Rotation Limited Quick Disconnect Sling Boss.
  • Ambidextrous system, you can mount the light and QD sling boss on either side and the rail on the opposite side.
  • Extremely Light Weight at under 2 Ounces.
  • No bulk design, keeping everything about it as low profile as possible. No other product keeps your light in as tight to your firearm chassis.
  • Does not require you to remove your factory sling ring.
  • This mount does not interfere with the disassembly and assembly of your M4, unlike mag tube clamps that require tools to remove for field stripping the firearm.
  • 7075-T6 Aluminium, Type III Hard Coat Anodized. High Quality Torx Fasteners. Made in the United States.

Initially we have very limited stock.

In consideration for those who have offered tremendous support for this solution over the years are offering an introductory price of $115 for the mount. This will adjust to MSRP once stock has depleted.

*WE ARE OUT OF DOBERMAN COMBOS* Thank You and Sorry.

To Order: Store.AVATactical.com

Email: [email protected]

More information on the lights and accessories in the following posts.

I feel incredibly indebted to this entire community, several individuals here who have been supportive and especially to StrangerDanger & calviroman for their time and input during the design and prototyping of AVA Mod1.

Thank You

Joel@AVATactical.com

All designs are Patent Pending.

*See next post for additional information on Scout style lights and the M-Lok interface.

Full Album: http://www.avatactical.com/gallery

WJjuYqz.jpg

VCRjumW.jpg

Edited by AVATactical.com

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By popular demand we will be offering turnkey solutions including lights and some accessories.

1 Inch Lights

ukuwFOW.jpg

G2X Tactical

320 Lumens

P2X Fury

600 Lumens

Armytek Doberman Pro XHP35

1400 Lumens

Armytek Partner C2 Pro v3 XHP35

1700 Lumens

Torchlabs v5 Triple in SureFire 6P Host

3500 Lumens

.8 Inch Lights

Scout Style Lights with the AVA Mount require an aftermarket Scout body or modification to the Surefire Body as well as a non-Flared tailcap, Z61 or equivalent. All light bodies and complete lights from AVA are ready to go. AVA offers the appropriate light bodies and tailcaps as well.

h6ELIJO.jpg

House Brand Emitter

330 Lumens

Malkoff

350 Lumens

Surefire KE2-A M600U

600 Lumens

Scout Large Head

900 Lumens

Scout Torchlab v5 Triple

3500 Lumens

About the light offerings:

Surefire speaks for itself.

ArmyTek is a Canadian outfit and they warranty their products for 10 years. They have superb threading, fully potted weapons ready lights that AVA will stand behind.

Torchlabs has a incredible reputation in the enthusiasts circles, again fully potted and weapons ready lights - incredibly bright but this is obviously at the cost of battery life. The Torchlabs emitters are fully programmable for output and battery preservation. These offerings are cutting edge and come with a price to reflect that, this is for those that will accept nothing less.

Malkoff is another extremely trustworthy supplier, we stand behind the product and believe these meet or exceed the quality of the Surefire OE while offering reasonable pricing.

AVA is confident in all the offerings and I feel this brings to the table a wide range of choices for all interests. There is no funny business with lumens here, all are on a equal playing field with no non-sense "OUT THE FRONT" measurements.

Select Accessories:

AVA will offer several accessories to help outfit your M4. Specific to the Mod1 mount we are offering a few MLOK accessories:

1) Magpul MLOK Rail sections in Polymer or Aluminium

2) Quick Disconnect Sling Boss

Note that the MLOK interface on your AVA Mount keeps the principles of the AVA design in mind and is as low profile as it can possibly be. With this in mind, some vendors may supply screws that are too long for our purposes and can contact your barrel. All MLok accessories from AVA have screws that are the correct length or have been shortened to ensure proper clearance.

Edited by AVATactical.com

Got mine in last night. What an outstanding revision this is. The machining and design input is outstanding. Capturing the foot of the light body of a IWC backbone is the best. It's not moving unless you want it to. I like the move to the MLOK rail rather than the picatinny rail. It's a lot more low profile for users who do not have anything to mount there. I'm going to build a few M600IB variable output lights together for these with a backbone replacement body. A McClickie tailcap will be needed. The shroud of a Scout light tailcap won't fit due to how close the light rides. It can be lathed off though.

I received the mount and Doberman light combo last night. Installed both today they are are great. Super easy install and everything fits and works perfect..Thanks for another great product. Sorry that the photos do not do this justice. I am a terrible photographer..

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

Edited by PCKLST

Thanks Gents.

Pcklst... what do you think of the doberman?

The threads are trapezoidal, which is better than 99% of all flashlight brands out there. Coincidentally, the square back on the tailcap is PERFECT for the AVA mount, because much like a Scout style light it is completely captive.

I've had a doberman on a M4 for over 6 months now and been beating the living heck out of it testing. It is a great light from what I can tell, and bright to boot.

AVA

Received an AVA Mod 1 mount yesterday evening. Over the years I’ve tried all the different Benelli M4 weaponlight mounting solutions, including Surefire M80, CDM Gear MOD-C, BLAM4,AVA Mod 0, and now the AVA Mod 1. IMHO,the Mod 1 is an outstanding solution to the M4 weaponlight & forward QD sling mounting problem, easily the best to date. Most M4 owners are very familiar with the AVA Mod 0 and so I’ll focus on what is different with the Mod 1.

1. Fit & finish: The Mod 0 had pretty good overall design, machining, and finish. The Mod 1 takes it up a couple notches with alignment nubs / lugs at mating surfaces for precision alignment and gap-free positioning. The finish is impeccable and equal to other high-end aftermarket weapon accessories.

2. Design: Several big improvements on the Mod 1.

a. The most obvious being the Mod 1’s M-LOK slot in place of the Mod 0’s Picatinny Rail. I never liked the 1913 rail on the Mod 0 as I disliked the lightening channel machined into each slot due to it possibly causing compatibility issues with some accessories, such as LaRue QD mounts. The Mod 1 is a much cleaner & snag free arrangement.

b. The mount assembly is machined to perfectly host an aftermarket (Arisaka or IWC) Scout body rear mounting boss. This is great as these aftermarket Scout bodies are widely available for around $50 and results in an absolutely solid lockup.

c. The 1” and 0.8” light body rings and other mating surfaces are machined such that there is greatly increased “gripping surface” between the light body/ tailcap and the mount & mount ring. I included several pics below showing the 1” ring in use (light is a Surefire 6P w/ Z59 tailcap).

d. The top part (near barrel) of the AVA Mod 1 does not touch the shotgun barrel. It “floats” around it with about 0.5mm equal gap all around. I tried to capture this is a pic below.This is nice as the Mod 0 version could mar the barrel finish…a non-issue on the Mod 1.

e. Lightweight. Including all hardware, total weight is 1.96 oz on my scale with the 0.8” ring or 1.98 oz with the 1” ring.

f. Bezel Clearances: As you can see in the pics, the clearances for weaponlight bezels has improved and the system now accommodates the excellent Surefire Fury line with its larger 1.37” bezel. The SF 6P light in the pics has a 1.25”bezel.

3. Overall thoughts: I really like the Mod 1. I think it represents a major improvement over the Mod 0 which was already the best-in-breed weaponlight mounting optionfor the Benelli M4. Tons of flexibility to accommodate a wide spectrum of relevant weaponlights. Very well done! A nice extra is that it now includes both the 1” and 0.8” rings at no addl cost.

20161113_153803.jpg

20161113_153813.jpg

20161113_153847.jpg

20161113_154543.jpg

Hello Everyone,

I recently received my new AVA light mount for my M4. I currently utilize the Fenix PD 35 tactical flashlight. I think the mount is great! However, I do have a concern. I mounted the light on the left side of the shotgun. When activating the light, the flashlight casts a shadow to the right side of whatever I'm lighting up. Of course, this is due to the barrel, etc., which blocks the flashlight's emit. Any resolution? I want to be able to see everything lit in front of me. I've included a photo of how my light is mounted. Please see attachment.

IMG_0239.jpg

Edited by Four_Fifth

Hello Everyone,

I recently received my new AVA light mount for my M4. I currently utilize the Fenix PD 35 tactical flashlight. I think the mount is great! However, I do have a concern. I mounted the light on the left side of the shotgun. When activating the light, the flashlight casts a shadow to the right side of whatever I'm lighting up. Of course, this is due to the barrel, etc., which blocks the flashlight's emit. Any resolution? ..........

Lengthen your light 4" or shorten your barrel 4" !

Thanks Gents.

Pcklst... what do you think of the doberman?

The threads are trapezoidal, which is better than 99% of all flashlight brands out there. Coincidentally, the square back on the tailcap is PERFECT for the AVA mount, because much like a Scout style light it is completely captive.

I've had a doberman on a M4 for over 6 months now and been beating the living heck out of it testing. It is a great light from what I can tell, and bright to boot.

AVA

The Doberman light appears really nice..Very good fit and finish, and yes bright. We will see over time how it holds up. Thanks you again for putting out an excellent product.

Just received the AVA Tactical Mod 1 Benelli M4 mount. I won't repeat all the aforementioned accolades, just confirm them ! The machining, fit / finish is excellent. I plan on trialing several light options in the next few weeks and will post up some photos.

Thanks again to Joel for his business fortitude in delivering another quality M4 accessory to the marketplace.

I received the Mod 1 mount yesterday !! Beautifully Machined . I got it because I wanted to use my Surefire M600 InteliBeam light head which did not fit with the Mod 0 . The IntelliBeam sensor sits on the opposite side of the barrel as shown in the pics below. The sensor functions perfectly and is NOT affected by the shadow of the barrel .Even the shrouded tail cap fits , FANTASTIC MOUNT

20161127_100751.jpg

20161127_100658.jpg

20161127_100619.jpg

20161127_100624.jpg

Thanks XChief.

Very interested in your feedback on the intellibeam as well, if they go to full brightness and back down when pointed a near wall, etc - without any issues related to reflected light back off the arm itself. I may carry them if they work properly. Right now I use all single mode tactical lights to keep things simple.

Also not sure exactly how you have clearance there with that tailcap, I rechecked with a e Series body and a scout body -all the flared tailcaps I have from surefire interfere with the barrel hanger. Is it forcing your light emitter closer to the mag tube/barrel as a result?

Joel:

Here is a picture if the Intellibeam Sensor , it's the little black tube inside the lens housing :Intellibeam sensor.jpg I tried it inside my house in the pitch black, white walls, mirrors , seems to be functioning as it's supposed to . You need to mount it OPPOSITE the barrel side of the light .

The lighthead itself has "Lugs" on it lugs.jpg. When I mounted the light I made sure the one of the "lugs" was between Mag tube

and Barrel Lug betwwen barrel and mag tube.jpg it fits perfectly and rest against both of them .

The shrouded tailcap fits !!! it sits against the hanger right after the black plastic forends . I took a top view and side view for you Side view Tailcap.jpg. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it works !!!

top view tailcap.jpg

Edited by Xchief30

So I finally got a chance to install my Ava mount on my M4. It went on fine, and as others have mentioned the mount itself is finished off very nicely and looks great. I am using a Surefire P2X Fury Tactical light (600 lumens). I inserted the light into the mount before tightening down the screws all the way, and discovered that when I rotated the light slightly, the mount captured the tail cap of the light, so there was no forward/rear movement, even before the final tightening of the screws. I don't think this was mentioned any where, but is a plus, because there is no way the light can move under the recoil of the gun. Additionally, there is enough space between the barrel/mag and the front of the light, to be able to unscrew it​ for battery changes etc. I am wondering if the body of the light will stay screwed into the tail cap under recoil? As others have also mentioned, the barrel and mag do create a shadow when the light is on, but this in no way impedes the overall functionality of the light. I am very happy with this setup. Here are some pics. Note my brand spanking new titanium mag tube from Kip and Marcy at Carrier Comp, which I also just installed. The only other mod is a Mesa Urbino stock w/riser & Limbsaver.

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg