Announcement: AVA Mod1 for the Benneli M4

AVATactical.com

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://store.avatactical.com/Magpul-M-Lok-Aluminium-3-Slot-Rail-p77437531

They sell a picatinny rail segment in plastic or aluminum. You could then mount your laser to it. Mlok mounts themselves haven’t matured enough for a laser with a specific built in mount as far as I know.

Ugh.. yeah.. And the law only allows the wussiest cat toy lasers to be sold.

I want my Class 4 on this .. Trying to think of a similar way to mount it.

Hey Joel, How much for a mount with brackets on both sides for lights? Hahah

I can convert maybe another host you support, into a laser.

One offs are expensive, unfortunately. Protos ran from 500-1200 each, unfinished. Basically, it's not doable except for the most dedicated of causes. I can easily model one up, I'd do that for free even though it would be a load of work - the machining and finishing costs are what are going to hit your pocket book, I can't do that in house.

If you're looking for Pic Rails on each side, our friends at IWC can do that on their mount

One offs are expensive, unfortunately. Protos ran from 500-1200 each, unfinished. Basically, it's not doable except for the most dedicated of causes. I can easily model one up, I'd do that for free even though it would be a load of work - the machining and finishing costs are what are going to hit your pocket book, I can't do that in house.

If you're looking for Pic Rails on each side, our friends at IWC can do that on their mount

Just to clarify: for the right amount of money, you will build or cause to be built a singular unique item, speced by the customer?

Class 3 lasers are capable of plenty within the scope of even the sabot slugs range. Also as mentioned, is this class IV laser robust? The only reason I can see for wanting more than civilian laser power is:

1: military clone gun

2. If you use NODS, you can use splash from hugher ppwer IR laser to actually illuminate a room, etc. This is a liability too...many mil guys are happy with c3.

3. IR laser used to blind people.

Just to clarify: for the right amount of money, you will build or cause to be built a singular unique item, speced by the customer?

In the hypothetical, I would simply need to duplicate the m-lok side of my mount and then model in the through holes for screws on one side. It would take awhile to get right, but it wouldn't be a major redesign.

Even small changes, however, can be. If you have something in mind, I will always be willing to discuss and be up front about it. The production costs I referenced, to be perfectly clear, are third party Prototyping costs. I send models off to a few companies that do that and they provide me a bid to run a unit out. It's not cheap to do so, understandably.

In the hypothetical, I would simply need to duplicate the m-lok side of my mount and then model in the through holes for screws on one side. It would take awhile to get right, but it wouldn't be a major redesign.

Even small changes, however, can be. If you have something in mind, I will always be willing to discuss and be up front about it. The production costs I referenced, to be perfectly clear, are third party Prototyping costs. I send models off to a few companies that do that and they provide me a bid to run a unit out. It's not cheap to do so, understandably.

As of right now, I have all of the items I want, and they function 100% the way I want for them to. I was simply clarifying for future reference, as well as for others who may have ideas.

• 5 months later...
As for Surefire’s new Scout bodies, I’ve read they are increasing the body diameter by 5mm to take permit the use of the rechargeable cell that can drive the 1500 lumen output. Supposedly you can still use 123A batteries, but the output and runtime will be reduced.

Yes, I am waiting on some samples so I can design to accommodate it. Precise measurements will be important, obviously.

I think with the new output capabilities, this will be the defacto standard. Lumens are king in the market, and I'd bet this will be 95% of all scouts in the future.

Yes, I am waiting on some samples so I can design to accommodate it. Precise measurements will be important, obviously.

I think with the new output capabilities, this will be the defacto standard. Lumens are king in the market, and I'd bet this will be 95% of all scouts in the future.

You've still got a lot of people with legacy and Malkoff/Arisaka models. I still see M600A's for sale from time to time...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...