Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper or Plastic?

Default Paper or Plastic?

Well, more like aluminum or plastic. I am only aware of ONE OTHER aluminum trigger group in existence right now that is purchasable. Numrich is out, and so is Brownells. Looks like it's going to be "Plastic or Plastic" from here on out.

Being as I got one of the last metal FCG's, here are the differences in picture and in print.

-The metal FCG is 1.1oz heavier.
    -The metal FCG uses oxide finished flat-ended trigger pins, and the plastic uses SS or chromed rounded-head trigger pins (looks like M2 FCG pins carried over...)
    -The polymer FCG has additional structures.
    -The polymer FCG is much easier (almost the same as with it off) to cock the hammer on with the safety engaged. (sample of one...)

Here are the photo comparisons:

20170803_104804.jpg20170803_104829.jpg20170803_104904.jpg20170803_104923.jpg20170803_105032.jpg

20170803_105046.jpg Polymer weight

How much they asking for it?

Maybe it will be like the Holy Grail CC Charging Handle 😀

Quote Originally Posted by M4LE View Post
    How much they asking for it?
    $290 bucks. I have mine, if you want or need one, I would encourage its purchase. It may or may not end up like that. The polymer unit is likely functionally just fine. The CC CH is what it is, because it is the only one of its kind, functionally.

6. Default

Are you back on the M4 Build out?

AVA Tactical Benelli M4 Mounts: www.AVATactical.com

Great thread.

I just got an M4 sbs out of NFA jail. It has the plastic triggerguard/assembly.
    I wanted to swap out the collapsible stock for a pistol grip stock (I hate the cs cheekpiece).

What a pain. The plastic trigger group would not fit into the receiver fully (pin wouldn't sit flush against receiver all the way)
    with the pg stock. I had to lightly sand the pg and and parts of the plastic triggerguard (rear half moon tab) to get everything to seat rearward in the receiver properly.

Anyone else have this issue? Other than that, it seems durable enough what with all of the manhandling I put it through.

I wonder if the aftermarket will come up with a metal solution . . .

edited: Also, I have owned 5 M4s. This one has by far the worst trigger of any M4 or long gun for that matter that I have seen. No creep but I kid you not probably a 12 lb pull. I have a Wolff spring kit on the way. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by 12508; 08-03-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Which one is which in your Photos?
    <<Les Garten>> M4LE -- CC Tube, AVATactical, Elzetta Bravo, BFG Sling

Trigger pull on my plastic fcg was slightly better than on my metal one.
    The plastic has less material at the stock end, and has more material over the hammer, and shows more machine marks but less flashing, in photos above.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Trigger pull on my plastic fcg was slightly better than on my metal one.
    The plastic has less material at the stock end, and has more material over the hammer, and shows more machine marks but less flashing, in photos above.
    I'm gonna hold you down and pull a tooth out your head!

The bottom one in the pix is the metal FCG?

I'm wondering about mine, it looks kinda like the bottom group but does not have that decoration on the bottom of the Finger guard.

Mine really doesn't look like either one of yours you have pictured.
    Last edited by les_garten; 08-03-2017 at 08:15 PM.
    <<Les Garten>> M4LE -- CC Tube, AVATactical, Elzetta Bravo, BFG Sling