Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Paper or Plastic?

1. Default

Yeah I'll see you there,

Messaged a&s

As with everything. I recommend you message them with the same concern, if the opinion is shared.

"At this time we only offer the one finish. Black is a possibility later as we catch up with orders and get all the diff models to market. Raw is not possible as the parts are machined for the dimensional changes in hard anodize."

"Hmm I see. While I'm not sure why that color was chosen in the first place, I'll look into blasting and re coating, or simply holding off on the purchase,.. although they might be out of production next week, who knows.

I recommend a more neutral color next time.. 99% of guns are black, and this color looks wack on a 2,000$ gun. Only legitimate option is to bead blast and send out as soon as I get it... which is distasteful

Anyhow. Thanks for the info, hope my thoughts are considered. "

Snap ring pliers and some punches. One of those Glock tools works well if you don't have a full punch set. The safety is the biggest pain. It's hard to get the pin back in place without damaging the spring. I drive the pin about half way in to the visible hole, then compress the spring with a punch so it is held in place under the roll pin. Then carefully drive the pin the rest of the way in.

The trigger packs look complicated, but they really aren't that tough.

I agree they should have just went with a black finish and left off the laser engraving.

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerDanger View Post
    Snap ring pliers and some punches. One of those Glock tools works well if you don't have a full punch set. The safety is the biggest pain. It's hard to get the pin back in place without damaging the spring. I drive the pin about half way in to the visible hole, then compress the spring with a punch so it is held in place under the roll pin. Then carefully drive the pin the rest of the way in.

I agree they should have just went with a black finish and left off the laser engraving.
    Thanx! I have everything except how to handle the safety pin.

I thought there was a way to grind a small screwdriver to do that. Make it like a fork.
    <<Les Garten>> M4LE -- CC Tube, AVATactical, Elzetta Bravo, BFG Sling

Just ordered one. I am assuuming the Briley trigger will install without issue. I also asked if they had plans to offer TI versions for the totally obsessed among us......

I am also planning to order a TTI lifter if folks feel that is the best option.

Rasyad

This is the exact method I used. AR15 gas-tube roll-pin punch.

Quote Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
    Thanx! I have everything except how to handle the safety pin.

I thought there was a way to grind a small screwdriver to do that. Make it like a fork.
    unnecessary. Drive the pin in flush with the wall, drop the spring in, GENTLY EVER SO GENTLY, proceed to drive the pin in further until it pushes the spring against the opposite wall but doesn't "pin" it. Then compress the spring and shift it midline so that it impinges against the underside of the pin. Visually verify. use a flashlight. Proceed to finish driving the pin him. I did this 4-5 times the other day with narry an issue swapping stuff around.

TI version?

the TTI is good. Never tried the FFT model, but they seems damn near the same.

There re is a magnabit tool that will go around each side of the pin as you drive it in. However, it's hard to keep the spring compressed with it. It's easier to follow unobtanium's instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    unnecessary. Drive the pin in flush with the wall, drop the spring in, GENTLY EVER SO GENTLY, proceed to drive the pin in further until it pushes the spring against the opposite wall but doesn't "pin" it. Then compress the spring and shift it midline so that it impinges against the underside of the pin. Visually verify. use a flashlight. Proceed to finish driving the pin him. I did this 4-5 times the other day with narry an issue swapping stuff around.

I see what ya did there...

Thanx!
    <<Les Garten>> M4LE -- CC Tube, AVATactical, Elzetta Bravo, BFG Sling

It has an enhanced ramp on the front face of the trigger guard for loading two rounds at a time.
    Does it help? Using my M4 in 3-gun, I have been loading twins for a couple of years and quads for about six months now using the stock metal trigger guard. Curious if this TG actually helps.

Mike
    NRA Patron Life Member
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    ISU SSA Coach
    FNRA Treasurer

I does give you a ramp to hold the shells against. They're not captive in the ramp at all, so you need to hold them in place.