Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Paper or Plastic?

Really interesting discussion. No black finish is disappointing. Not sure that blasting and reanodizing would be the way to go, thinking of dimensional changes. Not thrilled with the brand etching either.

So, those of you that have installed in the M4, how do you like it?

You could easily have the visible portion of the trigger guard Cerakoted whatever color you desired really cheap. Just leave the internal areas its natural anodized finish.

Im happy with the units.

3. Default

Please voice your opinions and improvements to their email at

[email protected]

612-231-1774

Otherwise small companies like this have a difficult time understanding the market.

Thanks!

I just installed one of the A&S Engineering aluminum trigger guards and found it to be impressively designed and finished. I'm sending the receiver out to have the loading port opened. This mod is a must for smooth double or quad loading. The rear shell sits nicely on the ramp preventing it from slipping side to side as you conduct the load.
    IMG_0332.jpgIMG_0331.jpg

A couple more photos for fit and finish reference.
    IMG_0333.jpgIMG_0334.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerDanger View Post
    You could easily have the visible portion of the trigger guard Cerakoted whatever color you desired really cheap. Just leave the internal areas its natural anodized finish.

Im happy with the units.
    A local shop quoted me $20 for ceracoat on the trigger guard. Did you skip coating the internal areas? I suppose if I fit this mod I'll need to open up the loading port for full effect.

Bugout6 that looks really nice. Does it help in twin loading even without the loading port opened up?

Quote Originally Posted by RJP7 View Post
    A local shop quoted me $20 for ceracoat on the trigger guard. Did you skip coating the internal areas? I suppose if I fit this mod I'll need to open up the loading port for full effect.

20 bucks is a good price for Cerakote for a one off item that'll need taped up. I would recommend leaving their finish in place on the interior. Cerakote can be a little thick and might cause tolerance stacking issues where your shell elevator may not move as freely. I'd just have them paint the visible exterior areas.

If you're going to bevel the loading port, wait to paint so you can have the receiver refinished as well. The only area you need to really pay attention to when beveling these is the pin that holds the shell stop in place. I do them by hand which takes about 4-5 hours. I shape it with a flat file, then use a dremel with a flexible end to finish shaping it. I then polish down to 2000 grit with the sandpapers wrapped around a flat edge. By the time I'm done, the aluminum is a near mirror finish.

So what's the consensus on these new trigger housings? Is there a gap/void in the fit to the sides of the receiver well and pistol grip? Kinda looks like there is when I look at the pics in this thread.

They look really nice. I have the aluminum trigger housing in my M4, not the new polymer type but if these fit like the OEM do, I would consider buying one just for the aesthetic value, they're very pretty.
    Last edited by Evolution; 09-21-2017 at 06:10 PM.

I found the fit to be solid. No unwanted movement anywhere. They’re a step above the oem aluminum units with machined surfaces and zero casting marks. The surface is also a lot smoother so moving mechanical components operate smoother.