Thread: High brass vs low brase shells

Default High brass vs low brase shells

The directions for my M3000 says to use high brass shells during break in. What's the difference between the lo and hi brass shells?

2. Default

They just want you to use a more powerful shell during the break in period. In the past, the height of the brass head on the shotshell was indicative of the "power" of the shell... the higher the brass, the hotter the shell was loaded. That is not always the case anymore but in general I do still see higher brass heads on the more "powerful" shotshells. Look at the labeled velocity and payload of shot. That will tell you more than the height of the brass.

Now go shoot that shotgun.

Thanks for the reply. Kinda makes sense to break it in with hot loads. Just finished up our early dove season and I must say....this M3000 slayed them birds! I found out the hard way that this shotgun does not like to be dirty. After a couple of days of shooting the accuracy was off. After a good bath it was back to dropping bird with ease. I really like Stoegers, very good firearm for the money!