Project M1014 is coming together...will update as parts arrive!

Unobtanium

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a folding table and a bench rest would probably shrink those groups significantly. I’m jealous that you can shoot on your property!

I use a Mapp torch to get the stocks apart. You can control the flame size pretty well inside the stock body. I remove the 3/8” Nut from the bottom of the stock and transfer it to the receiver side. Then I install a second Nut. With the two nuts bound together, it acts as a jam Nut and allows you to unscrew the center shank from the stock retaining piece. It will definitely need heat to remove since they use thread locker on all the things. If you try to just muscle through it, you’ll twist the stock retaining piece through the side of the plastic stock.

Once out there are a few different options available for the stock. Noveske makes a QD plate. Mesa makes the Shell Carrier. When building the H2O Extremes, I send the components in for plating.

Getting a folding table and a bench rest would probably shrink those groups significantly. I’m jealous that you can shoot on your property!

I use a Mapp torch to get the stocks apart. You can control the flame size pretty well inside the stock body. I remove the 3/8” Nut from the bottom of the stock and transfer it to the receiver side. Then I install a second Nut. With the two nuts bound together, it acts as a jam Nut and allows you to unscrew the center shank from the stock retaining piece. It will definitely need heat to remove since they use thread locker on all the things. If you try to just muscle through it, you’ll twist the stock retaining piece through the side of the plastic stock.

Once out there are a few different options available for the stock. Noveske makes a QD plate. Mesa makes the Shell Carrier. When building the H2O Extremes, I send the components in for plating.

Thanks! Yes, that is part of why I bought this property. I liked the house, and it's in the middle of nowhere.

Question for you about your choice of optic....why the H-2 with 4MOA over the T-2 with 2MOA what is the difference besides the size of the dot? I saw that the T-2 has NV settings while the H-2 does not. The H-2 is a little cheaper also.

I wanted the bigger dot. H2 has it. H2 has more visible settings as noted, but dot size was the driving factor.