GIessele Benelli M4 Hammer?

jerhelo

I paid close to $300 go it. Needed to get it to make 922r the ended up not using it. Been sitting in my safe for a while.

You might find someone willing to pay more, but 150 is over double what they originally cost. More than that is neckbeard territory!

How much did you pay originally for it?

So how do you ID a Geissele hammer? The only marking on mine in "US". Of note is that the outside radius around the hammer pin hole was left in the white, not anodized, and I think the hammer hooks sear contacts are also left in the white.

I do remember being rather unimpressed with it when I got it about 2 years ago. I wondered what all the hoopla was about it.

Edited by Evolution

The later ones have the deeper engraved US marking small letters. This was one of the later runs from what I gather. I sent pics to Geissele when I bought it because the us markings looked different and that’s when he said they changed to this toward the end. The hoopla is the fact it is a better product than the FFT. I bought this as a spare and it has sat since. Don’t need it and don’t plan to do another Benelli.

Yeah, I meant unimpressed as far as the machining aspect of it how it compared to my OEM hammer, I didn't see much difference.

I was like meh, yeah, it's an M4 hammer alright. Nothing to rave about just as long as it works. I would put it on ebay if you want to get a price for it.

Edited by Evolution

Well good luck with the sale, I hope you get your money back. If you want to see an eye-popping difference between an aftermarket part and an OEM part, compare an OEM cast alum. trigger housing to the billet alum. one that A&S Engineering is now offering, that's an impressive difference.

The only big benefit of the Geissele hammer is the surface hardness. It doesn’t deform on the face from impacting the bolt carrier/firing pin like the oem and some aftermarket hammers do. The deformation doesn’t cause any harm, at least at the 15k round level.

Other than that, there aren’t many features to be offered by a hammer. I do hope you get your money back for the hammer.

They’re awesome. A step above even the cast aluminum units. Fit in finish is top notch. No pitting like the cast aluminum models. Much nicer than the polymer trigger packs. The ramp does help when loading doubles. The frames count as a US made part too. They’re competitively priced since I was always chasing OEM aluminum packs for clients.

I’ll sell you an aluminum one. What are they worth?

They’re awesome. A step above even the cast aluminum units. Fit in finish is top notch. No pitting like the cast aluminum models. Much nicer than the polymer trigger packs. The ramp does help when loading doubles. The frames count as a US made part too. They’re competitively priced since I was always chasing OEM aluminum packs for clients.

Thanks for hijacking my other thread. Lol. I’ll sweeten the deal, I’ll throw in a bag of peanut m&ms

Bro...if they melt, will USPS cover it, or will it be considered common sense and you still be on the hook to the buyer for the value of the ruined candy? Because for $275...I'd hold you to them arriving in good condition.