New Benelli Trigger by GGI...testing waters

Unobtanium

Would there be an interest in a flat faced benelli m4 trigger made/designed by Bruce Gray of GGI? In case you don't know who he is:https://grayguns.com this is an attempt at testing the waters to get Mr Gray go capitulate to my pleas on this project to create a flat faced trigger of quality origins and another 922r compliant part. He likely needs to see minimum part need to make it worth his time and energies and materials.

The only complaint that I have ergonomically with the M4 happens to be the trigger shape/size. I find it to be too small and/or possibly because it is curved on the finger pad contact area.Consequently, my finger pad tends to purchase low on the trigger at the bottom of the stem so that it bites or pinches the pad of my finger on firing unless I very consciously keep my finger higher on the stem.The trigger on my 590A1 is much more comfortable to operate. It's stem is wider and also more curved so that the finger is "captured" more by it.So, for me it depends on exactly how the geometry of this new trigger will be changed if I would be interested in one or not.ALSO WOULD SOMEBODY IN ADMIN PLEASE FIX THE GLITCHES GOING ON WITH THIS SITE- NAMELY, THE WALL OF WORDS THAT APPEAR IN POSTS!

Edited by Evolution

“ALSO WOULD SOMEBODY IN ADMIN PLEASE FIX THE GLITCHES GOING ON WITH THIS SITE- NAMELY, THE WALL OF WORDS THAT APPEAR IN POSTS!”

You can get into settings, then general settings and change the “message editor interface” to “standard editor”. This will allow for paragraphs and such, not just one long paragraph.

If you mean flat as in the rounded portion of the shoe that the finger rests on then yes, would prob be more comfortable. Also a wider shoe is better and more of a curve to the shoe such as a half moon shape would be desirable.

I have never touched the settings since I joined the forum, this is something that just began to occur in the last few days but, I did what you said to do.

And it looks like it worked. However, when I go to post or quote a post, it takes a longer than normal time and I get a spinning disk until it takes like someone in another thread said happened when they tried to post pictures.

Something is going on and it's not my computer, it's the site itself.

Edited by Evolution

There is a guy who makes a bolt on trigger shoe for use on the M14 rifle when the rifle is suited with a pistol grip stock as the military uses with them, which apparently makes it much more comfortable for the user.

I wonder if it would work on the M4 trigger profile, it's roughly the same as an M14/M1 trigger profile.

http://www.athenswater.com/ebr_kit.html

I haven't used one because all of my M14 clones are in standard USGI stocks but it's the same idea in principle.

Edited by Evolution

GGI has been making critical fire control components, and modifying same, in SIG's since before the Benelli M4 was created. If Bruce chooses to do this, it will be done RIGHT. Did anyone worry about Geissele hammer tolerances/clearances? has there ever been an issue?Bruce has indicated to me that he will look into this, indicating "This might be a good fit for us..."He is friends with Taran Butler...This is still definitely up in the air, but I started this thread so that if he asks "Well, who would care?" I at least have something to point to besides my mirror.

Exactly. He's been a friend of mine for almost a decade. He has began branching out a bit more, and is on a straight trigger kick, so I approached him about it. If he does this, it will be "The Geissele hammer of the Benelli trigger", so to speak. I also think it will be a real hit with the 3G crowd in the M1 and M2 guns...

• 4 months later...