Taran Tactical M4/M1014 Charging Handle GARBAGE

Jolly Roger

Hopefully if someone Googles "Taran Tactical M4/M1014 Charging Handle" they will find this and save them time and packing tape.

Dont buy this product!

If you were to actually use it on your M4 it would destroy your gun.

This charging handle easily pushes past the detent section of the bolt and in result will mar/scratch the outside of the receiver face AND will cut a really nice groove on the inside of the receiver as well.

Thanks to this forum and its wonderful contributors I was made aware of the potential problems with this product and avoided ruining my gun.

Salute!

Thanks! I never cared for the look of their CH, now I'm glad I never went past the looks!

and why would someone put that on the M4 it's the same size as the real deal.

The other one that looks like crap is the GG&G, and wrong connector area probably works just like the Taran Tactical.

Edited by Intervention

I got one of the FFT's to work after taking a jewelers file to it while closely studying the OEM example.

I have to say it works better than the OEM now. Only time will tell if the heat treating is done right...hopefully I wont have it sticking out of my eyeball next time I go to the range...:eek:

The FFT handle isnt much better either

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the S&J Hardware charging handle...

I used one for a shotgun course and had lots of issues with it. It FELL OUT a few times during normal operation, so I went back to stock and never installed it again. The other issue is that it spins, the stock one doesn't.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I had ordered one of there charging handle then read this and freaked out lol.  I called them and Sam's i don't want this if it is gonna damage my receiver.  I always thought they made good stuff.  They assured me that the only way that could happen is if you rammed the handle too far in. They said put it in till you feel a click and pull to make sure it seated.  I have one on the way so I'll let you know how it goes

Well i just ordered one a couple days ago. I’ll let you know first hand how it works. I had one on an M2 and really liked it and had no problems. I heard something about some problems a while back and thought they had improved their design. Soon I’ll find out. 

On 1/5/2018 at 7:48 PM, Jolly Roger said:

Hopefully if someone Googles "Taran Tactical M4/M1014 Charging Handle" they will find this and save them time and packing tape.

Dont buy this product!

If you were to actually use it on your M4 it would destroy your gun.

This charging handle easily pushes past the detent section of the bolt and in result will mar/scratch the outside of the receiver face AND will cut a really nice groove on the inside of the receiver as well.

Thanks to this forum and its wonderful contributors I was made aware of the potential problems with this product and avoided ruining my gun.

Salute!

Strange, I've used this product and my gun is not destroyed or ruined. TTI has sold a ton of these, the pile of destroyed shotguns must huge.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 5:53 PM, JT111 said:

Well i just ordered one a couple days ago. I’ll let you know first hand how it works. I had one on an M2 and really liked it and had no problems. I heard something about some problems a while back and thought they had improved their design. Soon I’ll find out. 

This is what they sent me. I’ve sent an email requesting to return it.

37C05520-2576-40E0-866B-F956381E4B85.jpeg

Also, I thought the design was changed so the handle doesn’t spin when it’s installed. Has anybody ordered one of these recently? This handle does not have the directional knurling pattern that I saw described in a thread by stranger danger from August. Maybe I was sent an old one. 

E8BAA228-02CD-4D75-8F50-94C3DD7A6994.jpeg