Thoughts on the Scalarworks Sync RMR

M2_shootr

Have not played with Geissele mounts yet

They're nothing special. I honestly did it for aesthetics. They don't suck, but they aren't really worth the cost of msrp. Buy from Primary Arms during a sale, and then it's fairly priced vs. what you get. Badger ordnance is better machined, albeit 6061 vs 7075. Nightforce is 7075 and has cleaner machining. Pretty much everyone has cleaner machining than a geissele mount.

Still on the fence with the Scalarworks mount,.....decisions, decisions.

For what, tube optics, or aimpoint and benelli? If it's the benelli mount , get it and don't look back. If for tube optics, it gets a hard "pass" from me, due to method of attachment to rail. It's insufficient in my opinion, based on experience with their comp m4 mount.

Benelli......torn about the AimPoint vs RMR

Something just really makes me want to try one on the M4

Aimpoint H2 4 MOA is where I went with it.

-Non-exposed diode

-more irons in the sight picture

-longer battery life

-The RMR 2's auto-adjust really sucks based on what I'm hearing

-you don't lose your zero when you change the battery every year on your birthday.

I hear what you’re saying......I have both optics. I don’t have both mounts, maybe I’ll try both & find out for myself 1st hand.

Less view obstruction with the RMR

I would prefer less of the sights in the optic anyway

Auto adjust isn’t bad at all

Changing a battery once a year is not a big deal

Re-zero for the optic isn’t an issue either

The only benefit I see to the AimPoint is it’s sealed from the elements. Where I’m at, if I were using something other than a pistol at the house, it would be an AR. And I sure as heck wouldn’t be chasing a bad guy outside. That is simply stupid and will get you a 8x10 jail cell

Edited by M2_shootr

I hear what you’re saying......I have both optics. I don’t have both mounts, maybe I’ll try both & find out for myself 1st hand.

Less view obstruction with the RMR

I would prefer less of the sights in the optic anyway

Auto adjust isn’t bad at all

Changing a battery once a year is not a big deal

Re-zero for the optic isn’t an issue either

The only benefit I see to the AimPoint is it’s sealed from the elements. Where I’m at, if I were using something other than a pistol at the house, it would be an AR. And I sure as heck wouldn’t be chasing a bad guy outside. That is simply stupid and will get you a 8x10 jail cell

Well, ask yourself this...what agency is issuing RMR's for carbines or PDW's? Okay, what about T and H series type sights? I just piggyback on those who have put in the tests, etc.

I am also a glass snob, and the T2/H2 has no dot distortion near the edges of its CLEAR window...

Edited by Unobtanium

Hi yall. First post here. About the RMR SYNC mount...I had an individual text me today trying to sell me his but I am looking for the Scalarworks BOR100 mount. He still had it if you want a nice used one. Great condition. Just text him. His number was 206-799-2816. Tell him I am the guy he text earlier today (he found my WTB ad on ar15forum.com). Hope this helps.