Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New forend for Benelli m4

I wasn't expecting NRA to, just would have a captive audience with Benelli and try to get more information while at the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by M2_shootr View Post
    The NRA isn’t going to be able to change ITAR regulations

2. Default

Does ITAR keep things from being imported anyway? I don't think it does... I think it's aimed at keeping defense related items and IP from leaving....

I am saying this because I know I can't even send my drawings to overseas machinists...

But... people freely import all kinds of wild AK stuff all the time.... I don't think you need a special clearance to import weapons accessories... certainly weapons and ammo, but I think you can bring in things that are not firearms.....

IANAL... no wait... I am not a lawyer...
    Last edited by AVATactical.com; 02-11-2018 at 06:33 PM.

AVA Tactical Benelli M4 Mounts: www.AVATactical.com

3. Default

I dunno, I may be wrong. US Department of State controls import and export of defense products.
    They also are the agency that controls/wrote ITAR. 1st page kinda explains it.......i think

https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html
    Last edited by M2_shootr; 02-11-2018 at 10:19 PM.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Oh, ok... I just misunderstood what you meant by "it" in your earlier post. Yeah hopefully Benelli can work through the requirements they need to quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by topleft View Post
    I wasn't expecting NRA to, just would have a captive audience with Benelli and try to get more information while at the event.

ITAR prevents you from even allowing a non us citizen from merely looking through a gen 3 nvd.

I'm looking for what would prevent a US citizen from bringing one back from Europe...

7. Default

The way I look at it is this.

If Benelli can’t or won’t import the part, dealers and distributors can’t get the part imported, I sure as **** wouldn’t stuff one in a suitcase. There may be a bit of a gray area with a firearm part as opposed to an entire firearm. However, I default to the above.

Take importation of parts from Canada as an example. There is a restriction upon what can be imported and the value is limited to $100 for one part and a limit of a total value of $500 for a single transaction.

Last I knew bringing any part into the US from Europe required an APPROVED form 6 importation permit to be presented to customs upon arrival.
    Last edited by M2_shootr; 02-12-2018 at 11:04 PM.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Ok, this may not be as simple as I thought. I'm not going to circumvent the regulations, was just curious if it was a business (not legal) reason they aren't currently imported. Thanks for the information, this gives me at least a starting point to research. If you come across other sources, please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by M2_shootr View Post
    The way I look at it is this.

If Benelli can’t or won’t import the part, dealers and distributors can’t get the part imported, I sure as **** wouldn’t stuff one in a suitcase. There may be a bit of a gray area with a firearm part as opposed to an entire firearm. However, I default to the above.

Take importation of parts from Canada as an example. There is a restriction upon what can be imported and the value is limited to $100 for one part and a limit of a total value of $500 for a single transaction.

Last I knew bringing any part into the US from Europe required an APPROVED form 6 importation permit to be presented to customs upon arrival.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scout_21 View Post
    Just caught this video of the new forend that popped up some months ago from the benelli defense website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9ZJp2Z1RNk

I like the design better than the B&T forend... but really not liking the curved stock piece on the m4.

The color looks different than the rest of the anodized pieces. Though I'm guessing it's aluminum.... but anyone more knowledgable think it might be polymer?

edit - I'm not saying it's a good vid... some of the weapon handling is questionable at best... but it does show off the new attachments.

The collapsible stock on this M4 looks like the one for a super nove. Just the stock, not the pistol grip.

Quote Originally Posted by rchap1870 View Post
    The collapsible stock on this M4 looks like the one for a super nove. Just the stock, not the pistol grip.

Yeah it is... I really don't like the looks of the curved stock with the straight lines of the m4 receiver. But it does let you select from 5 positions for a better fit.