New forend for Benelli m4

Scout_21

Just caught this video of the new forend that popped up some months ago from the benelli defense website.

I like the design better than the B&T forend... but really not liking the curved stock piece on the m4.

The color looks different than the rest of the anodized pieces. Though I'm guessing it's aluminum.... but anyone more knowledgable think it might be polymer?

edit - I'm not saying it's a good vid... some of the weapon handling is questionable at best... but it does show off the new attachments.

Edited by Scout_21

What is the reason that they can't be imported here into the USA

It would seem to me that an authorized Benelli dealer here in the US could

do a group buy and far surpass there minimum order of these.

I think with most Benelli owners the cost would not be as much of a factor

as availability.

Edited by kendeepdiver

Does ITAR keep things from being imported anyway? I don't think it does... I think it's aimed at keeping defense related items and IP from leaving....

I am saying this because I know I can't even send my drawings to overseas machinists...

But... people freely import all kinds of wild AK stuff all the time.... I don't think you need a special clearance to import weapons accessories... certainly weapons and ammo, but I think you can bring in things that are not firearms.....

IANAL... no wait... I am not a lawyer...

Edited by AVATactical.com

Oh, ok... I just misunderstood what you meant by "it" in your earlier post. Yeah hopefully Benelli can work through the requirements they need to quickly.

I wasn't expecting NRA to, just would have a captive audience with Benelli and try to get more information while at the event.

The way I look at it is this.

If Benelli can’t or won’t import the part, dealers and distributors can’t get the part imported, I sure as **** wouldn’t stuff one in a suitcase. There may be a bit of a gray area with a firearm part as opposed to an entire firearm. However, I default to the above.

Take importation of parts from Canada as an example. There is a restriction upon what can be imported and the value is limited to $100 for one part and a limit of a total value of $500 for a single transaction.

Last I knew bringing any part into the US from Europe required an APPROVED form 6 importation permit to be presented to customs upon arrival.

Edited by M2_shootr

Ok, this may not be as simple as I thought. I'm not going to circumvent the regulations, was just curious if it was a business (not legal) reason they aren't currently imported. Thanks for the information, this gives me at least a starting point to research. If you come across other sources, please let me know.

The way I look at it is this.

If Benelli can’t or won’t import the part, dealers and distributors can’t get the part imported, I sure as **** wouldn’t stuff one in a suitcase. There may be a bit of a gray area with a firearm part as opposed to an entire firearm. However, I default to the above.

Take importation of parts from Canada as an example. There is a restriction upon what can be imported and the value is limited to $100 for one part and a limit of a total value of $500 for a single transaction.

Last I knew bringing any part into the US from Europe required an APPROVED form 6 importation permit to be presented to customs upon arrival.

Just caught this video of the new forend that popped up some months ago from the benelli defense website.

I like the design better than the B&T forend... but really not liking the curved stock piece on the m4.

The color looks different than the rest of the anodized pieces. Though I'm guessing it's aluminum.... but anyone more knowledgable think it might be polymer?

edit - I'm not saying it's a good vid... some of the weapon handling is questionable at best... but it does show off the new attachments.

The collapsible stock on this M4 looks like the one for a super nove. Just the stock, not the pistol grip.

The collapsible stock on this M4 looks like the one for a super nove. Just the stock, not the pistol grip.

Yeah it is... I really don't like the looks of the curved stock with the straight lines of the m4 receiver. But it does let you select from 5 positions for a better fit.

• 2 months later...

Well, at the NRA show I was given quite a bit of information from Benelli as well as http://www.nfatca.org/ who had a booth about ITAR as well as some 922r background that I wasn't aware of.

It appears at first blush with limited information, that it might be the price of the forend that is causing the issue with being in the USA. I'll post more information as e-mails are received from various agencies and organizations.

Anybody else have new information either way to present?

• 4 weeks later...