Supernova modifications

claysport

Didn’t know there was any down sides.

My main reason for one would be to pickup a QD socket....the GG&G doesn’t have one though

Zero shift every time you remove the clamp, potentially, barrel distortion/deflection, etc. I'd just not, honestly, but YMMV. If you do choose to clamp it and clean it/remove the clamp:

Remove the mag tube extension from the coupling nut (or at least unscrew it about half way). Assemble the gun and screw the coupling nut on tight against the forearm. Screw the mag tube extension into place until it stops, then back it off about 1/8 turn (the goal is to allow the mag tube extension to have just a little movement). Install the clamp and tighten the screws (reasonably tight is good enough, no need to get heavy handed and crank too hard). Install the follower, spring and mag tube end cap.

Again, the goal is to allow the mag tube extension to have just a little movement so any pressure the clamp exerts moves the tube, not the barrel.

--Steve Rose

Zero shift every time you remove the clamp, potentially, barrel distortion/deflection, etc. I'd just not, honestly, but YMMV. If you do choose to clamp it and clean it/remove the clamp.....[/font][/color]

Just for giggles, I removed the GG&G clamp that was on my SuperNova. It did change the POI from how it was previously sighted in.

Thank you very much for the replies guys! Thought this was a lost cause. After doing some research, I learned about 922r. I found the follower and the mesa tactical stock, but I need a third thing to make it legal, other than a new barrel, but I would rather not. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Guess you are correct.

The SuperNova has a 922 parts count of 12. Two parts must be replaced with US manufactured ones to deviate from the imported configuration and 5 shell capacity. Can anyone verify the SuperNova parts count ?

Replace the factory stock & follower with US manufactured parts & you are good to go.

Edited by M2_shootr

I emailed the ATF, and this is what they sent me -

The Benelli Supernova shotgun: When equipped with the standard buttstock or the fixed pistol-grip buttstock assembly, contains the following parts from the list presented above:

1. Receiver.

2. Barrel.

3. Bolt.

4. Bolt carrier.

5. Trigger housing.

6. Trigger.

7. Hammer.

8. Sear.

9. Disconnector.

10. Buttstock.

11. Forearm(s).

12. Magazine body.

13. Follower.

With regard to the fixed pistol-grip stock of the Benelli SuperNova shotgun, ATF has determined that this assembly consists of a buttstock only. This assembly has an integral pistol grip molded-in, and is designed to accept a “rubber grip” accessory. This accessory acts only to provide a comfortable gripping surface and is not considered a “pistol grip.” Please note, however, that the Benelli SuperNova telescoping stock incorporates both a buttstock and a pistol grip. The pistol grip of this stock assembly is designed to accept a “rubber grip” accessory. This accessory acts only to provide a comfortable gripping surface and is not considered a “pistol grip.”