I just bought an M3...am I crazy?!?

Scout_21

It's actually an M1 with an extra pound of stuff. Honestly, I'd rather have an M1 and a Super Nova Tactical than an M3. However, it's a unique and "cool" gun, and if you got it for a fair price, then I can see t he appeal. And even if you didn't, to **** with other people's opinions, unless they pay your bills.

haha indeed.

You're right, it was an m1... but the one I have uses an m2 receiver, an m4 charging handle and trigger guard pin, and a supernova adjustable stock, and an m2 pic rail.

It's like an engineer was challenged to do something will all the spare parts lying about and they ran out of m1 things.

haha indeed.

You're right, it was an m1... but the one I have uses an m2 receiver, an m4 charging handle and trigger guard pin, and a supernova adjustable stock, and an m2 pic rail.

It's like an engineer was challenged to do something will all the spare parts lying about and they ran out of m1 things.

Did someone do this or was it some oddball out of Benelli? It honestly sounds pretty cool.

I just think it's the newer M3s

Here's a link to a pic I'm "borrowing" from an older auction posting

https://www.gunsamerica.com/userimages/5511/989133547/wm_8591652.jpg

I've thrown on a GG&G bolt release, A&S trigger guard, and a TT lifter to mine... along with other things. It doesn't have the cut out in the bolt for the m2 charging handles. I guess that saves some machining time.

I did have to shave off a bit off the rear of the forend so it wouldn't hit the bolt release and some work on the A&S trigger guard to fit the pistol grip / adjustable stock.

The older M3s definitely had the M1 receiver