FS: Geissele Automatics Benelli M4 Hammer

Toaster

If he sells it on ebay he wont get his obscene price. He's hoping someone causally stumbles upon it here that has no idea what they originally sold for, but just knows it's out of stock absolutely everywhere and will dive on the price.

Back when I bought one of these hammers from Brownells for $55.00 IIRC, there were less parts available at the time, to make your gun 922R compliant if you added a full length mag tube, and the Geissele was considered to be the best aftermarket hammer available.

That's the only reason I bought one-922R. The OEM hammer is fine, there's nothing wrong with it, it's not some "weak link" junky part that HAS to be replaced with the "fine wine" magic, Geissele hammer to make the gun reliable.

Now days, if you need to satisfy 922R, you don't have to replace the OEM trigger internals with hammers, triggers, sears, etc. There's the option to buy a very nice trigger housing for $200.00 instead.

I'm fine with Toaster selling his item for whatever he deems appropriate...I mean it's his item. I'd certainly offer about half of asking if I was interested.

I have one new in bag lying around for my next m4...whenever that happens.

I just think we as a group could develop a replacement hammer that's as good, if not better, than what geissele made if there's interest. We could use S7 steel that's hardened to the high 50's and do an NP3 coating from ROBAR. With EMD the shop could stack many pieces vertically to make a bunch all in one go. I could even make a CAD file that would be quite accurate to what geissele used for their piece.

I recommend everyone let Geissele know that they want these items brought back. I shoot them an email about every 3 or 4 months.

I was surprised the value climbed as high as it has. I was buying them up at the 150 dollar price point for upper end builds until they dried up. 300+ is too rich for my blood.

We’d see similar trial by combat with bat’leth’s if a carriercomp bolt knob appeared for sale.

• Upvote 1

I recommend everyone let Geissele know that they want these items brought back. I shoot them an email about every 3 or 4 months.

I was surprised the value climbed as high as it has. I was buying them up at the 150 dollar price point for upper end builds until they dried up. 300+ is too rich for my blood.

We’d see similar trial by combat with bat’leth’s if a carriercomp bolt knob appeared for sale.

That would be a feeding frenzy for sure.

I'll ping the Geissele folks

We should let those Geissele folks know how much we're thinking of them. Show'em some Love. Let'em know their triggers are almost worth their weight in Gold!

:cool:

I have, they say they are not interested in doing more. Really sucks, but that's where we are unfortunately.

Edited by black_dog

I just think we as a group could develop a replacement hammer that's as good, if not better, than what geissele made if there's interest. We could use S7 steel that's hardened to the high 50's and do an NP3 coating from ROBAR. With EMD the shop could stack many pieces vertically to make a bunch all in one go. I could even make a CAD file that would be quite accurate to what geissele used for their piece.

http://www.smithenterprise.com/index.html

SEI could definitely handle the chore. They make exceptional quality stuff. They employ wire EDM, special steels, M80 heat treating. Question is, would Ron Smith be interested in making them. It's such a small niche market, way smaller even than the M1A/M14 rifle.

SEI could definitely handle the chore. They make exceptional quality stuff. They employ wire EDM, special steels, M80 heat treating. Question is, would Ron Smith be interested in making them. It's such a small niche market, way smaller even than the M1A/M14 rifle.

Briley and FFT already have triggers/hammers. The issue is that they are not Geissele hammers or triggers.

Not a guy/shop that I would be interested in dealing with

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...