It followed me home today!

Unobtanium

34015756_997541383511_1092900083969556480_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=0c5fba109d805826273847ac4ee4ac75&oe=5BBE7191

I fired the first rounds through it, being Remington STS 1145fps 1-1/8oz 2.75 dram. It functioned flawlessly. I followed up dumping 5 rounds of Winchester bulk #8 shot through it. Again flawless. A few more rounds of Remington STS, and it failed to hold open on the last shot but cycled dutifully. Ran all Federal LR LE buckshot they make (8,9 pellet 00, and #1).

Accuracy and patterning are as expected. The entire package is very cohesive and it's an absolute beast of a room broom that with slugs will reach out to 100 no problem!

This is, indeed, my last M4.

14" Benelli M4 SBS w/ C-STOCK from factory

TTI black safety

M4 metal trigger guard assy.

Tango Arms forend

IWC with Surefire M300 500 lumen

4MOA H2 in a Scalarworks SYNC

Works great with the C-stock set in mid with the optic, fully extended with irons.

Any thoughts on what would cause that? Are the gas ports located in the same spot on the SB's as the 18.5's?

Lots of stuff. I did some slow motion videography using federal 9 pellet 1145 buckshot I'll post later. My 118# gf was running it, so I know it's not my 200# behind it making it work.

Any thoughts on what would cause that? Are the gas ports located in the same spot on the SB's as the 18.5's?

Yes. But I am 220lbs and this is my 5th M4. Some need lots of break in. Some don't. I haven't put alot of rounds

through it so far. However it has mostly been slugs and buckshot.

Yes. But I am 220lbs and this is my 5th M4. Some need lots of break in. Some don't. I haven't put alot of rounds

through it so far. However it has mostly been slugs and buckshot.

I have owned a 8 or so M4's, and none required break-in. What are you lubing it with, and how much lube are you using? AS robust as my cycles, I doubt that's the difference, but it is worth asking.

I have owned a 8 or so M4's, and none required break-in. What are you lubing it with, and how much lube are you using? AS robust as my cycles, I doubt that's the difference, but it is worth asking.

I use lots of lube FP-10 or the stuff Benelli ships the guns with.

Continuing to love it, but I just never could warm up to the C_stock. I threw the PG stock on today and am very pleased. The Limbsaver is...a limbsaver as well.Recoil isn't so much the issue as shear forces are. The stock and my shirt slide under recoil and literally tear skin. I had this happen on my SNT, too. The Limbsaver prevents this.

34822102_999514105161_5450995131408711680_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeE2Ey3w3debvgXuLpR7ISF0_12qgNpM00LE4z-mpuVcGhol86M_K3k6LMerqaDYARrCwGzkHTzOXV22yQ7GF63zhGG1hxlvNBG4TJRoSJQzyQ&oh=7c358f08b9f99812efe217a14dc722bd&oe=5BC50118

Also, shout out to Lead Faucet Tactical. This is the best sling I've ever used.

Also, chronographed some LR Federal Truball (rated 1300fps). They ran 1168-1200ish at 3m from chronograph. From my 18" SNT, they were doing about 100fps more.

Edited by Unobtanium

Continuing to love it, but I just never could warm up to the C_stock. I threw the PG stock on today and am very pleased. The Limbsaver is...a limbsaver as well.Recoil isn't so much the issue as shear forces are. The stock and my shirt slide under recoil and literally tear skin. I had this happen on my SNT, too. The Limbsaver prevents this.

34822102_999514105161_5450995131408711680_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=AeE2Ey3w3debvgXuLpR7ISF0_12qgNpM00LE4z-mpuVcGhol86M_K3k6LMerqaDYARrCwGzkHTzOXV22yQ7GF63zhGG1hxlvNBG4TJRoSJQzyQ&oh=7c358f08b9f99812efe217a14dc722bd&oe=5BC50118

Also, shout out to Lead Faucet Tactical. This is the best sling I've ever used.

Also, chronographed some LR Federal Truball (rated 1300fps). They ran 1168-1200ish at 3m from chronograph. From my 18" SNT, they were doing about 100fps more.

Hey,

I never get tired of looking at Benelli pix!

What makes the sling so nice?

I have BFG's on my guns.

OP,

What was it about the c-stock that you did not like? I find the standard pistol grip to be too long by just a tad, so I'm wondering if it's just my t-rex arms, or something else.

Jerry

Honestly, the rock-hard pad on it. It would "skid" on my shirts when shooting prone, and abraid my shoulder after 25+ slugs. The "stickier" limbsaver gripped and compressed and didn't cause the friction burns.

Hey,

I never get tired of looking at Benelli pix!

What makes the sling so nice?

I have BFG's on my guns.

Oh no. Nothing. Don't ever touch that sling. You'll end up replacing all your BFG's.

The BFG Vickers sling is a knock-off of the VTAC sling Kyle Lamb came out with. It's a bit lighter, but adjusting it under tension on the fly is a real PITA. The VTAC works like buttah, but it's bulky, metal hardware can ding things for those who care, and it just seems to have a lot of "fluff" hanging and swinging which a way.

The LFT sling is absurdly light, very well made, sleeker than the BFG Vickers, and adjust just as easy as the VTAC sling, no metal hardware, super lightweight. It's literally the best, most functional, sexiest sling I've ever used on a gun. Moving forward, all my long guns which are slung, will sport this sling. The price is about $50, and it's a bargain. ESPECIALLY compared to Travis Haley's sling which is similar looking.

Oh no. Nothing. Don't ever touch that sling. You'll end up replacing all your BFG's.

The BFG Vickers sling is a knock-off of the VTAC sling Kyle Lamb came out with. It's a bit lighter, but adjusting it under tension on the fly is a real PITA. The VTAC works like buttah, but it's bulky, metal hardware can ding things for those who care, and it just seems to have a lot of "fluff" hanging and swinging which a way.

The LFT sling is absurdly light, very well made, sleeker than the BFG Vickers, and adjust just as easy as the VTAC sling, no metal hardware, super lightweight. It's literally the best, most functional, sexiest sling I've ever used on a gun. Moving forward, all my long guns which are slung, will sport this sling. The price is about $50, and it's a bargain. ESPECIALLY compared to Travis Haley's sling which is similar looking.

Hmmm, wish I hadn't heard all that...

I got a lot of BFG's. I got them during a good sale, so they could be liquidated I suppose for close to even maybe.

Thanx! I think...

:p

• 3 weeks later...

My new M4 cycled everything except the low recoil Fiocchi 3 Gun slugs and shot. Being I like those I broke down the entire gun and lubed everything well, and also installed a softer Taran Tactical buffer spring. Not sure if the clean and lube itself would have done the trick but now she works perfectly!

I have a M1 Super 90 from the HK days and can convert it from a full extension tube to a cutoff cap that only allows it to hold 4 shots total, compliments of wallhanger 54. I also have a Sure Cycle that I really want to sell, but I digress. I have an ammo can of Fiocchi low recoil 7/8 ounce slugs and want to know what the best setup would be to fire them reliably. I have a 24" fully rifled Benelli branded heavy bbl and the original 18 3/4" bbl. I can use a lighter spring in the buttstock, or the longer one, and I can take off the magazine extension to just cap the mag off without any extension.

I am leaning towards the lighter spring in the buttstock and the 18 3/4" bbl, with no mag extension to allow just 3 shots in the mag and 1 in the chamber for a total of 4 to be the most reliable for these low recoil slugs. I don't have any place to shoot these ATM, so I am going to set it up the way I think it will be most reliable, like I had just described.

Does anyone have any other thoughts as to how this gun can be configured to operate with these low recoil shells?

• 2 weeks later...