Ethos floor plate sticking

Just 1 More

New gun.. taken apart, cleaned, oiled and reassembled. Shot 100 rounds of Sporting Clays yesterday and When I feed a shell in to the open receiver and close it with the release button, then feed a shell in to the magazine tube, the floor plate stays in the "IN" position and I have to try to snag it with a fingernail to get it to drop back down so the second shot will feed.

Am I doing something wrong? Loading it wrong?

Pretty embarrassing having to do this to a new $2000 gun :mad:

Does it operate freely when you just push up on it or does it stick up then? Did it do it from shot number 1 or did it start doing it on the way to 100. When it comes to malfunctions, the " . . . taken apart, . . . . reassembled" part is always a good place to start looking for issues. Too many variables at this point to say what it might be. Further manipulation is needed to narrow the source of the problem down.

Does it operate freely when you just push up on it or does it stick up then? Did it do it from shot number 1 or did it start doing it on the way to 100. When it comes to malfunctions, the " . . . taken apart, . . . . reassembled" part is always a good place to start looking for issues. Too many variables at this point to say what it might be. Further manipulation is needed to narrow the source of the problem down.

It started doing it a few shots in to the round.. No, the floor plate mechanism was not taken apart, it was sprayed with CLP cleaner / lube.

If you push it up in, it stays in.. feels like it has very little to no return spring

Take the trigger group out and check the spring tension on the Carrier (floor plate).

Does it have tension with the trigger group out of the gun? If so, check for any binding/rubbing of the Carrier, Bolt latch (dog) and/or its spring against the side of the receiver where the trigger group is installed.

If the Carrier has no spring tension with the trigger group out of the gun check that the spring and strut are not bent and the area where they contact the trigger housing and bolt latch is not damaged or hampering the spring compression or movement.

Link to a schematic:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/benelli-ethos/parts.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I have the same problem with my Ethos.  The carrier was sticking straight out of the box.  I have been on 3 dove hunts with gun and the carrier continues to stick.  Very frustrating with what is supposed to be a Top of line shotgun.  Has anyone found a fix or should I send back to Benelli?