My new optic for my M4

sonyman74

That "thing" that you have mounted on top of the receiver, as big as it is and high as it sits, along with that 8 shell side saddle has got to make your gun top heavy and inclined to roll over in the hands.

Not to mention adding two inches to the length with that door breacher muzzle break well......ever thought of taking a class in aesthetics?:p The flashlight is about the only good thing ya got going there IMO.

Edited by Evolution

That "thing" that you have mounted on top of the receiver, as big as it is and high as it sits, along with that 8 shell side saddle has got to make your gun top heavy and inclined to roll over in the hands.Not to mention adding two inches to the length with that door breacher muzzle break well......ever thought of taking a class in aesthetics?:p The flashlight is about the only good thing ya got going there IMO.[/quote

I would hate to think what you would have to say about this platform. As I stated in a earlier blog everyone's body type is different. This set up works perfectly for me. I am able to acquire site acquisition 100% of the time in a blackout condition. With my cheek placed naturally on the cheek weld, I don't need any reference points to acquire the red dot at this height. This particular platform is what it took for me to achieve this. I am a 5'11" 257 lb. bodybuilder. As far as rollover? I can and do fire my Benelli M4 with Sabo Slugs at a rate of 8 rounds in less than 1 second. I've never had a control problem. I wish that I could upload my video. With all do respect, if your worried about "Rollover" just as a Pit Bull is not for everyone, maybe the Benelli M4 which has the capability of dismembering a human body in less than one second is not for you.This reply is not meant to disrespect anyone but to understand different platforms may be necessary to accommodate different body types. Maybe next time a more appropriate response would be to ask why an individual has his platform built as is. Blessings...

m4d2.JPG

m4d3.JPG

M4a.JPG

m4c.JPG

I know it is probably the same on any Internet forum, on any topic, but it never ceases to amaze me how folks on a firearm discussion forum feel this odd need to tear down and attack personally other participants for their choices.

Seems that "Senior Member Evolution" would do well to reacquaint himself the sticky about how to behave himself on this forum, and pay particular attention to the words underlined and italicized below:

Inappropriate language and inflammatory statements will not be tolerated.

Benelli USA hosts the forums for the use of consumers to talk amongst themselves about Benelli USA products in a constructive, safe and civil manner. If the tone of the posts on the forums are anything but constructive, safe and civil, the posts involved will be deleted and the forum members may in turn be banned.

Nelli Girl

Benelli USA

Edited by Centuriator

I know it is probably the same on any Internet forum, on any topic, but it never ceases to amaze me how folks on a firearm discussion forum feel this odd need to tear down and attack personally other participants for their choices.

Seems that "Senior Member Evolution" would do well to reacquaint himself the sticky about how to behave himself on this forum, and pay particular attention to the words underlined and italicized below:

Benelli USA hosts the forums for the use of consumers to talk amongst themselves about Benelli USA products in a constructive, safe and civil manner. If the tone of the posts on the forums are anything but constructive, safe and civil, the posts involved will be deleted and the forum members may in turn be banned.

Nelli Girl

Benelli USA

Anyone who knows anything about shooting knows that you don't mount an optic a mile high above a receiver. As far as all the other unnecessary garbage that misguided people festoon their guns with, if it looks like what it is, garbage that detracts from functionality and aesthetics, I think I'm free to say so.

I have not used any inflammatory or uncivil language, unless you think that "very bad taste" and "functionality & aesthetics" are uncivil and inflammatory. It's a frank opinion.

Hurt feelings and bruised egos don't count.

You on the other hand have used inflammatory words calling me a "jerk".

You can express an opinion without being a jerk about it. You seem to be having a hard time understanding this.

Read this...again.

Nelli Girl

Benelli USA

You can express an opinion without being a jerk about it. You seem to be having a hard time understanding this.

LOL, oh really? Nobody else seems to care but you.

I'm sure that many of us care on how you respond with a condescending tone in your responses. I realize that you are entitled to your opinion. At the same time you refuse to accept the fact that customizing a weapon to meet a specific need is not always so black and white. If you are satisfied with your weapons platform, Amen. Moving forward I hope that we can continue to share our ideas with one another. Blessings

Edited by bodybuilder

Anyone who knows anything about shooting knows that you don't mount an optic a mile high above a receiver.

Once again, with all due respect sir your claim of "you don't mount an optic a mile high" is unfounded. Here are the facts on pictured mounting platforms: A) Benelli M4 - 1 5/8" from top of rail to center of optic.

B) Larue Tactical - 1 1/2" from top of rail to center of scope. ( Standard Height ).

C) Noveski N4 - 1 1/2" from top of rail to center of scope. ( Standard Height ).

I suppose with your thinking our military soldiers are absolutely wrong in mounting an Trijjicon RMR on top of a ACOG which mounts atop the rail of the M4 (M16).The height is about 4 1/4". I would challenge you to go to your nearest V/A hospital and ask some of these rifleman how effective and how many confirmed kills were had with this "mile high platform" whether close quarter combat or up to 500 yards. Again, with all do respect I think its time you pick another lane as in my opinion you don't have a clue in what your talking about. I hope this has not "Hurt your feelings" or "Bruised your ego"...

m4d2.JPG

Edited by bodybuilder

Anyone who knows anything about shooting knows that you don't mount an optic a mile high above a receiver.

Once again, with all due respect sir your claim of "you don't mount an optic a mile high" is unfounded. Here are the facts on pictured mounting platforms: A) Benelli M4 - 1 5/8" from top of rail to center of optic. I get mine as low as it will go. Did away with the rail.

B) Larue Tactical - 1 1/2" from top of rail to center of scope. ( Standard Height ). Because the stock is in-line with the bore. There is no way around this unfortunately.

C) Noveski N4 - 1 1/2" from top of rail to center of scope. ( Standard Height ). See above.

I suppose with your thinking our military soldiers are absolutely wrong in mounting an Trijjicon RMR on top of a ACOG which mounts atop the rail of the M4 (M16).The height is about 4 1/4". Yes, and everyone I know HATES that setup, dumped it in the early 2000's, and gets the optic as low as it will go while still maintaining a comfortable cheek weld on the stock (again, in line with the bore, which necessitates a higher scope mounting solution, but the pay-off is in-line recoil and reciprocating mass.) I would challenge you to go to your nearest V/A hospital and ask some of these rifleman how effective and how many confirmed kills were had with this "mile high platform" whether close quarter combat or up to 500 yards. If they were still alive, we could ask civil war soldiers how effective their weapons were. I heard a lot of people died...that's not exactly a convincing argument to go back to muskets, though. Again, with all do respect I think its time you pick another lane as in my opinion you don't have a clue in what your talking about. I hope this has not "Hurt your feelings" or "Bruised your ego"...

He made some salient, if abrasively worded points. I still honestly have no clue why your setup is the way it is, except to save money (you already had the optic, and it's a good one). You raised your stock to compensate for raising the optic. This is economically sound and it works just fine, but functionally, I would argue that it's added weight, height over bore offset, and places more recoil and impact force on the junctures of said parts.

I'm not sure comparing recoil management on a 12 guage shotgun using a chin weld to the chin weld required with the M4 with a RDS on top of an ACOG is a good comparison since the recoil on a 5.56 M4 Carbine is much less than that of a 12 guage, even the M4, using 00 Buck. FWIW, my .02.

I'm not sure what the issue is. If the OP didn't want some feedback, then what was the point of the post in the first place? Dude gave him his thoughts and everyone is offended he didn't like it? It's the internet in 2018 if what other people say to you on a public forum offends you maybe the internet isn't for you.

@sniiped

The "issue" is expressing an opinion in a cordial and constructive manner and doing so in a way that is not cordial and not constructive. Think about it.

Also take someone into account. I have a friend who expresses opinions like that. He will do it to your face, too. He also just comports himself in that manner. He has no malice behind it, and will say stuff like this while you sleep in a bed at his house as a guest, and eat out of his fridge. It's just how he presents himself. He's very frank, and says what he says.

Is this PC? Is it societal norm? No. But I try to look at the good aspects.