Benelli Sport II Load Limiter?

birvi001

I am a first time Benelli owner with a new Sport II 20-gauge that seems to have a capacity of 1 chambered + 2 (3 total). Specs show 4 + 1 is possible. Is there a load limiter installed when new? Exactly how is it removed? I cannot find this in the manual. Thank you for your help.

Edited by birvi001

Old post from 2003 on the forum. Try it out:

Just a little FYI for Legacy owners. Incase you could not figure out how to remove the plug, like myself.

There is not one mention of a plug or how to remove it in the owners manual. I kind of accidentally found how to remove it from toying around with it.

Step 1. Put safety on and keep gun pointed in a safe direction, make sure chamber and magazine are clear of all ammo.

Step 2. Remove magazine cap only, keep barrel assembly on gun.

Step 3. While holding barrel on gun load at least three shells into magazine and pull out the plug that should now be protruding out the magazine tube.

Step 4. Replace magazine cap.

That's it.

Edited by truckcop

Got it - thank you.

Removed magazine cap

Held barrel on by hand

Small silver rod poked out from where the cap would have been

removed by hand

I did NOT need to place shells in the gun.

Old post from 2003 on the forum. Try it out:

Just a little FYI for Legacy owners. Incase you could not figure out how to remove the plug, like myself.

There is not one mention of a plug or how to remove it in the owners manual. I kind of accidentally found how to remove it from toying around with it.

Step 1. Put safety on and keep gun pointed in a safe direction, make sure chamber and magazine are clear of all ammo.

Step 2. Remove magazine cap only, keep barrel assembly on gun.

Step 3. While holding barrel on gun load at least three shells into magazine and pull out the plug that should now be protruding out the magazine tube.

Step 4. Replace magazine cap.

That's it.