barrel not staying tight

spiker

Well have a question for the masses. I just bought my m4 and was pretty excited. I read the manual and watched videos to make sure that I assembled the shotgun right and then went out to shoot it. First five shots out of the shotgun and the end cap came loose and barrel started to come off. I checked everything made sure it was tight and have now discovered that the magazine tube extension piece that comes factory is moving allowing the whole assembly to loosen. I have tightened everything and have found that even with racking the bolt it jars the tube loose at the seam where the small piece threads onto it. It doesn't look like its "unscrewing" it appears to be jumping over the threads with the shock of the bolt slamming forward. Has anybody else had this happen? I have ordered a full length magazine tube in hopes that it will solve this issue.

That's strange. All I can think of is to be absolutely sure it is assembled properly to begin with. If it isn't, the parts would become loose real quick. I presume you do have it assembled properly. If you don't, it would be pretty obvious. I would probably visit the vendor, show them what's going on and maybe they'll swap it for another one. The sooner you do this the better. If it shakes loose with stock parts then there's an issue and you shouldn't have to figure it out or buy aftermarket parts to correct the issue.

I agree, I may take it back to the vendor this Friday to have them look at it. I'm pretty sure I have it assembled properly, I've triple checked the assembly. When I put the end cap on it does make the racheting sound as it tightens and is very secure, however soon as I start racking the bolt the whole thing slowly comes apart. I was worried about the handguards as well but double/triple checked to make sure they were on right. I'm fairly certain its that small extension piece not holding at the seam. My new tube will be here Thursday so most likely will have it fixed by the weekend. Pretty frustrating to have this problem. Thanks for your responses, if you think of anything else I'm totally open to ideas and input.