Stuck lifter

Focolew

Hello all,

This is my first post here. I'm a fairly new Benelli owner. Recently purchased an M2 Field in Max5 with a 28" barrel that I have put about 400 rounds of target shot through on the sporting clays course. I regularly find that after dropping a round in the chamber and tapping the bolt release letting it slam forward my lifter stays locked down preventing me from loading any rounds in the magazine. I have taken the gun apart and cleaned and lubed it multiple times. I even removed the recoil spring to make sure it wasn't excessively dirty or bent, etc. Everything looks fine. Anybody else experience this?

Thanks in advance for your input.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

This is my first post here. I'm a fairly new Benelli owner. Recently purchased an M2 Field in Max5 with a 28" barrel that I have put about 400 rounds of target shot through on the sporting clays course. I regularly find that after dropping a round in the chamber and tapping the bolt release letting it slam forward my lifter stays locked down preventing me from loading any rounds in the magazine. I have taken the gun apart and cleaned and lubed it multiple times. I even removed the recoil spring to make sure it wasn't excessively dirty or bent, etc. Everything looks fine. Anybody else experience this?

Thanks in advance for your input.

I only got a Benelli a few months ago but I think that the gun can't be loaded with additonal shells once it is "locked and loaded" After you lock a shell in place that's it until you take it out with an EMPTY gun try removing any shell, pull the slide back let it drop without a shell in place and see if the loading gate will open to allow loading. I think you have to load the magazine tube first then slide one in the chamber for the plus one if you need it