Thread: Franchi Instinct SL questions.

Default Franchi Instinct SL questions.

hi all,

i just bought a Franchi instinct SL! very excited!

i have few questions, and was wondering if someone could help.

1. i would like to buy sling swivel kit for it. it is shown in the instruction manual diagram, but i cannot find it anywhere (located in Canada)
    any ideas where to order them from? would prefer original, but aftermarket would also work..

2. chokes... i do skeet and trap shooting, so bought 2 chokes off ebay but made a mistake and bought Crio Plus. they seem to be exactly the same (screw in perfectly) as the original Mobil, but an inch longer... would anyone know if i could use Crio plus in my instict SL?

3. i bought the gun through a private sale (not from a store). it was brand mew, never shot, but apparently Franchi voids warranty if you are not the original owner..so ended up with no warranty..

i have noticed that when selecting lower barrel to shoot first, it does not switch to the upper barrel after the first shot. like something gets stuck inside.
    when select the upper first, no issue, it will shoot the lower after the first shot.. anyone had a similar issue with the adjustable trigger? any possible directions for a resolution>

thank you in advance!

2. Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCh View Post
    hi all,

i just bought a Franchi instinct SL! very excited!

i have few questions, and was wondering if someone could help.

1. i would like to buy sling swivel kit for it. it is shown in the instruction manual diagram, but i cannot find it anywhere (located in Canada)
    any ideas where to order them from? would prefer original, but aftermarket would also work..

2. chokes... i do skeet and trap shooting, so bought 2 chokes off ebay but made a mistake and bought Crio Plus. they seem to be exactly the same (screw in perfectly) as the original Mobil, but an inch longer... would anyone know if i could use Crio plus in my instict SL?

3. i bought the gun through a private sale (not from a store). it was brand mew, never shot, but apparently Franchi voids warranty if you are not the original owner..so ended up with no warranty..

i have noticed that when selecting lower barrel to shoot first, it does not switch to the upper barrel after the first shot. like something gets stuck inside.
    when select the upper first, no issue, it will shoot the lower after the first shot.. anyone had a similar issue with the adjustable trigger? any possible directions for a resolution>

thank you in advance!
    I have an Instinct SL. As to chokes, I don't see how crios work. If you go to the Trulock home page and choose "choke identification tool" you will see pictures and measurements for mobil and crio chokes, the latter having a 3/4" longer interior.

The problem of the second barrel not firing has come up on various shotgun forums. Google some description of the problem and you will see come posts from a while ago.

My manual (Franchi USA) does not show a sling. Is the shotgun really new?

Default few updates...

thank you for your comments FLFranchi.
    please find below few updates..

Quote Originally Posted by FLFranchi View Post
    I have an Instinct SL. As to chokes, I don't see how crios work. If you go to the Trulock home page and choose "choke identification tool" you will see pictures and measurements for mobil and crio chokes, the latter having a 3/4" longer interior.
    I checked the thread and diameter of Crio VS Mobil and they are absolutely the same..
    so i tried using Crios in my Instinct SL and it worked perfectly. it just stick out by about an inch, which makes it even better looking

The problem of the second barrel not firing has come up on various shotgun forums. Google some description of the problem and you will see come posts from a while ago.
    I actually took the gun apart, cleaned and gave the part that is responsible for releasing the hummers a slight sand paper polish.. it works like a charm now! did a 200 shots round last weekend and not a single issue...

My manual (Franchi USA) does not show a sling. Is the shotgun really new?
    i actually do not have paper manual. the swivels are shown in the online manual at Franchi USA site.