Newbie Benelli M4 trigger guard questions

h3baton

Hello.

I have purchased OEM aluminum Benelli m4 trigger guard and I am planning to purchase M4 (11707).

I have noticed several discrepancies between aluminum vs polymer trigger guard and if someone can help answering my questions, it would be truly appreciated.

1) Please take a look at the photo attached. Between OEM aluminum trigger guard and polymer, aluminum trigger guard protrudes more towards stock. If I purchase a current M4 (11707) that comes with polymer trigger guard, would the OEM aluminum trigger guard drop in without modification?

2) Is there any difference (dimensionally) between the receiver of M4 that had aluminum trigger guard (pre 2015) and the receiver of M4 that houses polymer trigger guard (current)?

3) Is there any difference between parts used in aluminum and polymer trigger guard unit? From what I can gather there are some differences. For example, A) aluminum trigger guard uses black oxide flat head pins and polymer trigger guard uses stainless round head pins. B) There is an additional washer that supports elevator plunger on polymer trigger guard unit as well. Are these parts all interchangeable? Going from polymer trigger guard unit to aluminum trigger guard, do I have to buy any additional parts?

Thank you.

benelli.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.

I have purchased OEM aluminum Benelli m4 trigger guard and I am planning to purchase M4 (11707).

I have noticed several discrepancies between aluminum vs polymer trigger guard and if someone can help answering my questions, it would be truly appreciated.

1) Please take a look at the photo attached. Between OEM aluminum trigger guard and polymer, aluminum trigger guard protrudes more towards stock. If I purchase a current M4 (11707) that comes with polymer trigger guard, would the OEM aluminum trigger guard drop in without modification?

2) Is there any difference (dimensionally) between the receiver of M4 that had aluminum trigger guard (pre 2015) and the receiver of M4 that houses polymer trigger guard (current)?

3) Is there any difference between parts used in aluminum and polymer trigger guard unit? From what I can gather there are some differences. For example, A) aluminum trigger guard uses black oxide flat head pins and polymer trigger guard uses stainless round head pins. B) There is an additional washer that supports elevator plunger on polymer trigger guard unit as well. Are these parts all interchangeable? Going from polymer trigger guard unit to aluminum trigger guard, do I have to buy any additional parts?

Thank you.

-Aluminum trigger guard will drop right in. NO M4/M1014 receiver will NOT accept an aluminum trigger guard to my knowledge.

-The rounded stainless looking (might be chromed 4140, dunno) pins are just common-parts with M2's and other guns. The correct part is still a flat black oxide pin, and some polymer trigger guards come with those pins. It seems to be a grab-bag thing.

-The washer you reference is because without it, the plunger would, over time, wear down the guard of the polymer trigger guard and tolerance stacking issues would lead to a fail to function, potentially.

-You swap over everything in your polymer trigger pack (minus the now superfluous guide/washer you discussed), and motor on.