nova

Lloyd

according to stoeger canada there is quite a difference and even on this site there are differences. i need a different setup in the trigger group to solve the problem that i am having with my p350. it opens and ejects the shell when fired. my new nova should be here in about a week.

nope just ducks lol. but i bought a new stoeger to be able to handle the 3.5's and i t couldn't. but there might be something wrong with it. what upland u looking for. im glad to see a fella bluenoser as well. our supply chain almost doesn't exist... i deal mainly with s.i.r they seem good but man they are far away. ihope this nova works out.

ruff grose, pheasant and rabbit can all be the same hunt. i don't know right off of a good area but around wentworth valley used to be great. i just got into duck/goose hunting and im hooked. i've been hunting in ns for 16 yrs and i can say that you will need to know somone that can take you to a "good" spot. due to forestry and construction our landscape changes from year to year. knowing a local that has a good spot makes all the difference. you can't go wrong by shooting some skeet. shoot as much as you can and be safe.

Originally posted by Lloyd:

there must be someone out there that has shot a 3.5 hi velocity shell outof a nova. have you had any problems at all? i want to trade up from my stoeger p350 to the benelli nova but i don't want any problems.

Fired 2 boxes of 3.5" shells so far...no problems.

I have fired several cases of 3.5 with Nova. If you do not cycle the pump with a little force you will slightly jam the shell. Never happens when you are making your second shot. Only a problem when you are cycling out a shell. I used the recoil reducer as well. Made the gun heavy but seemed to take a little of the recoil out. I treated my Nova like a boat paddle and it never failed. Only cleaned it once in 2 years and hunted in the mud.

• 2 weeks later...

took the new nova out today and started firing with 2 3/4 then 3 then 3 1/2. the gun worked flawlessly. what a difference between the p350 and the nova. anyway after about 9 rounds of the 3 1/2 hi vel winchester 1550 fps i didn't really want to shoot any more. lol. what a kick. thanks eceryone and let me know if you agree that the p350 is a pos.