Does your SBII do this?

NJgunner

Hearing the spring is normal. The bolt locking back is not. You have the same problem I did. Your gun is the fourth I've heard about doing this. I don't know what causes the problem and from talking to the folks at benelli they don't either. I know you hate the hassle of sending it back but I believe thats the only way you'll get it fixed. When they fixed mine they replaced the trigger assembly and that seemed to solve the problem. If you push up on the shell carrier when manually cycling the bolt will lock back just like your's is doing. There must be a slight tolerance problem in some of thier parts. If you do find out why your gun does this let me know so I can pass it on. Good luck.

He said nothing about the bolt locking back abnormally. I think he is just referring to when he locks the bolt back manually by depressing the cartridge drop lever.

Yes, hearing the spring move around is normal - it's part of the reason the gun works.

He said nothing about the bolt locking back abnormally. I think he is just referring to when he locks the bolt back manually by depressing the cartridge drop lever.

Yes, hearing the spring move around is normal - it's part of the reason the gun works.

In my other post I mentioned this it would happen first shot only of an outing and seemed to be with 4dram federal wing shok shells. when it happens it fails to eject the shell and the bolt needs to be pushed forward. What I mentioned is that i was trying to see where the bolt was hanging up and if you pulled itback and pushed it forward and repeated this a bunch of times you could take your hand off the bolt handle when it was all the way back and it would look locked but if you pushed forward it would go, try it on your gun see if you can get it to hang up

In my other post I mentioned this it would happen first shot only of an outing and seemed to be with 4dram federal wing shok shells. when it happens it fails to eject the shell and the bolt needs to be pushed forward. What I mentioned is that i was trying to see where the bolt was hanging up and if you pulled itback and pushed it forward and repeated this a bunch of times you could take your hand off the bolt handle when it was all the way back and it would look locked but if you pushed forward it would go, try it on your gun see if you can get it to hang up

It will hang up manually without a shell. All of my Benellis do this. None of mine do it with shell on the carrier.

It will hang up manually without a shell. All of my Benellis do this. None of mine do it with shell on the carrier.
I've never seen another sbe II lock up when manually working the bolt without a shell unless the cartridge lever has been depressed. Probably need to check out NJ's previous posts.

I've never seen another sbe II lock up when manually working the bolt without a shell unless the cartridge lever has been depressed. Probably need to check out NJ's previous posts.

Yes without a shell but only if you try and push the bolt forward, if you release it it will slam shut. when it is locked up a little force forward and it goes or if you were to press the shell carrier down from inside it would slam on your fingers :cool:

ONE... MY FOOT!!!

Any way ,mudhen, you are a damn good hunter man , i like when you post those pictures of your hunts.

But don't push me much , or i will post some patterns with my Benelli Mythos ... with 3oz. of #4's, but again, i am afraid that you will ...fall from your chair!!!

NJgunner,

There is nothing wrong with you gun.Your gun is perfect.

The other members told you so ,don't you believe them?

You don't have a problem!!!

Good shooting!

Where did I post that I didnt beleive them? I dont know why you think your picture is so impressive it surely wasnt made from 1 shell.

ONE... MY FOOT!!!

Any way ,mudhen, you are a damn good hunter man , i like when you post those pictures of your hunts.

But don't push me much , or i will post some patterns with my Benelli Mythos ... with 3oz. of #4's, but again, i am afraid that you will ...fall from your chair!!!

Get over yourself son :)

A 2.25 oz Nitro #6 lead has well over 500 pellets and I can easily keep almost all of them all in the 30" ring at 40 yards with 3-4 of my turkey guns. I have a BPS that can put almost 400 in the 10" on a regular basis.

Now take a Nitro 2 7/16 #6 lead that has around 570 pellets in it and many mediocre turkey guns can put 500 hits in the 30".

Now, take a 2.25 oz or 2 7/17 oz Nitro Hevi Shot #6 and with all the odd pellets and slag and you can approach 600 pellets, making 500 child's play.

Now let me tune a few guns later this year and early next year, and I'll try to show you some real targets, not your silly 30" quail shots :D

mudhen,

You made me dizzy with your math... ,however, my numbers are very, very very simple.

There are 680(+/-5)#6 pellets in 3oz, and my Benelli ..... puts all of them inside the ring(30") at 40 yards!!!!!!

However ,i can not give you the exact number of pellets in the 10" or so that you call the center,simply because that stupid long turkey choke that came with the gun, puts the pellets so close that the paper in the center of the target that you are talking about ...disappears,disintegrates!!!!!!

You see how simple it is!!!!!!!:)

Nice reading you mudhen ,have a good hunt.

Its synthetic but thanks for the input. I applied some clp to the bottom of the bolt itself and didnt have any jams last time I was at the range. I also used Remington ammo instead of federal which Benelli recommended. Even though the federal is 4dram and the remington is 3 3/4 dram. Who knows maybe itwas that little extra clp underneath the bolt and not the ammo.

Also check the bottom of the bolt for any rough spots. When mine came back from benelli I noticed that the bottom of the bolt had been polished pretty good. I use plenty of oil too. Makes you have to clean it a little more often but seems to cycle alot smoother. As the gun gets broken in the extra oil won't hurt and I think the hard spot in the cycle will go away on its own. Problem is that you don't know when it will hang again. If it's on a dove it's not a big deal but when you need that second shot on a big buck then you've got problems. Hope some of these things work because I've been there too.

Also check the bottom of the bolt for any rough spots. When mine came back from benelli I noticed that the bottom of the bolt had been polished pretty good. I use plenty of oil too. Makes you have to clean it a little more often but seems to cycle alot smoother. As the gun gets broken in the extra oil won't hurt and I think the hard spot in the cycle will go away on its own. Problem is that you don't know when it will hang again. If it's on a dove it's not a big deal but when you need that second shot on a big buck then you've got problems. Hope some of these things work because I've been there too.

Ya between taking apart the recoil tube assembly, cleaning and lubing it as well as the ejector slide inside the gun. Now I will pay attention to the bottom of bolt assembly now!thanks!