Mounted Flashlights Problems

R Cubed

I mounted a Surefire G2 Flashlight to my shotgun mag tube extension with an Advanced Technologies shotgun flashlight clamp. Yesterday I finally had the opportunity to do some shooting with the shotgun. The flashlight moved with each shot. I tightened the clamping screw and went back to tactical practice. The flashlight crept out the end of the clamp then fell to the ground :(.

My question is “what are you guns using to mount a flashlight to your shotguns”?

The mount Benelli sells made by Insight Technologies is too pricy for me.

Rick

Update: I found a thread oat shotgunworld.com about this problem I have. The solution is to glue tire repair patches to the inside of the clamp. Simple and easy.

I also exchanged emails wiht ATI, (nice folks), and purchased a one of their heat shields. The only fitting I needed to do was cut the rear tab down some to clear the slide. Here's the pix everybody like pixs.

DSC_0005-2.jpg

I am happy thinkiin git came out good...