Benelli M4 Polymer 4 Rail System from FAB

sonyman74

Ok got it in and I like it a lot better than the Sure Fire M80. The first thing I had to do to get it on was a small amount of trimming in the front and some in the back. Put it together and it fits tight. I will add more after I go shooting. I see no reason it should interfere with the gas pistons like the Sure Fire did on some other M4's.

33f3qxl.jpg

2yytj4k.jpg

Large pics are best, people with 56K deserve to suffer.

How heavy is this mount, and how sturdy does it seem? When you attach your grip, is there any noticeable wobble/play?

I'm very intrigued by this, I can't beleive I somehow never knew this existed.

Looking up details now.

Hmm I wonder how a non vented, plastic, barrel encompassing shroud type handguard like this will handle the heat of the m4 under heavy use?

It seems like it would HAVE to increase the heat of the gun due to enclosing the hottest part of the barrel ... it's just a matter of what degree it occurs to.

I'm very interested in what you think of it.

I also see it's cheap as **** ... $75 is nothing for a rail.

http://www.botachtactical.com/fabbem4po4ra.html

Let use know.

• 3 weeks later...

This FAB forearm appears to be well made. Note that it is from Israel. The hard polymer construction of this "full coverage" forearm is quite slick and more difficult to get a solid grip on your weapon unless a vertical grip is used with it. The factory stock or Surefire forearms allow a solid grip since the coverage is over the magazine tube only. I prefer the Surefire forearm with rubber rail inserts or covers over the rear of the forearm leaving the forward portion available for optional equipment. If a rubber or tacky strip was put on either side of the FAB forearm, it might provide a better "feel". Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Still figuring out the BM-4 that arrived this afternoon. Some light trimming is going to be required, without a doubt grippier than the factory grips. Rougher in finish as well, appears to be well made. Just not a perfect, drop in fit.

Edited by adamlau

I do not like it. s o n y man74 (the forum asterisks the first four characters of your username): Check your iron sights, is your BM-4 bowed? Mine is and that is the drawback of its polymer makeup. Two hours of careful material removal by way of a Dremel tool still has not resolved fitment issues. It will fit, mind you, just that the barrel takes a set according to the bow. Will work on it more later, but not happy with it thus far.

Though the polymer rails themselves are great, I still do not favor the BM-4 over the M80. And I dislike the M80. Perhaps I received a faulty BM-4. Had to adjust the LaRue FUG and offset light mount to accomodate the reduction in tactile clamping force, no problem. The MT cheek riser is on my short list of future mods, but where is the FCAM :( !

• 7 months later...

I installed this hand guard on my M4 a few months back. I had shotgun training this last weekend. As you can see from the images, there is some pretty sever clearance issues with this product with the factory gas tubes. Shame on me for not checking this before installing the for end.

I have shot a email over to FAB Defense, not heard back yet. I have installed the factory hand guards back on and hoping to get back to the range this weekend to see if i can get the gun to cycle again properly.